Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Advice for first time Origins attendee? (Also need a place to stay)

Nu Gundam

Well, I have a few questions for fellow PokeGymers (is this even a right word?) and possibly even the POP staff:. I am planning on going to Origins this year for the first time as one of my friends have been nagging me about it and that I am interested in playing the Professor Cup as I can't play in the US Nats (Canadian, eh). I have a few questions to ask about the convention as a whole.

- How much does it cost for one full day of parking in the Convention Center? Since it is pretty much implied that I am on my own for the hotel from my friend, so I might have to drive from the hotel to the Convention Center as the hotels near the Convention Center area are either sold out or become expensive. (If someone can spare a slot for the hotel room that is close to the Convention Center for me, I am more than willing to pay my share for the room)
- Does POP accept volunteers for the events they run? I obviously do not mind volunteer if I can.
- How safe is the surrounding area in general?

I guess that's all I could think of at the moment ...

Last edited:
From my last 2 years of going, I think i can answer your questions. I was able to park in a lot next to the center for like $8 a day, not too bad if you ask me. The hotel parking is like $15...

POP is always looking for volunteers for some sort of thing or another, PM spookies for more information, as she usually heads these things.

I have walked around the area, and I feel safe (I wouldnt lug around anything valuable though)

hope this helps

~Duke

Back