Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Age divisions

AXE

My friends and i where taking the other day and we started to discus the age brackets and we begin to think that the should be
12 and under
13-18/19
19/20+

Players 12- all have about the same skill level. 13-18/19 is linking all the teenagers together
19/20+ is all of the "Adults"
All of these age groups have about the same in comkmon and it should help level out the number of players in each round.

another thing we thought of was maybe a Senior Citizens group consisting of maybe40+... lol

Please let me know what you think
Dave III

Last edited:
Having boys 4 years apart in age, I'd have to disagree with -12 as an age group instead of -10; there is a LOT of difference in playing ability between a 8 and 12 year old, IMHO...

'mom

12ish-years-old in a "coming of age" in many cultures and societies.

As I've watched my own boys, boys in Cubs and Scouts, and kids in my church, I've noticed that maturity levels can differ by individual. Nevertheless, generally speaking, in my experience, I've found the following leap-points in adolesent intellectual maturity:

1. 2-ish years old (start of communicative skills)
2. 5-ish years old (start of social skills)
3. 8-ish years old (start of moral awareness)
4. 11-ish years old (start of puberty)
5. 15-ish years old (start of independence)
6. 20-ish years old (start of self-reliance)

So, personally I like:

7-under
8-10
11-14
15-19
20+

BUT, that's TOO many age categories.

Last edited:
I would personally like the current format, except for the 15 and up. They should make it 15-19 and 20 and up, since not everyone that is 15 or older has a job and thus can spend lots of money on rare cards used to build the more powerful decks.

My friends and just believe that 10-14 is just too narrow of an age division and the way we devised helps make the tournys more spread out by age division. So you don't have 2-4 in one group 5-6 in another and then 20+ ppl in the older age group.

It was an inside joke i should have explained we have two "older" players in chicago and we joke around that there shoud be a senoir citizen age bracket for them

Back