Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

AIM Triton

Professor_Chris

Okay, so after recieving advice from both my best friend, and my brother's best friend to download AIM Triton (both used the same approach: told me there was an anime radio station <_<) I have to say I really like it a lot...except for a few things:

-Away Messages: there is no option to hide windows, allow/disallow message sending while away, no options to turn off sounds/alerts while away, etc. Even though it's all contained in the buddy list and the message is easilly edited the lack of these features saddens me. :/
-Losing connection: Unlike AIM, it will NEVER tell me it's lost connection, also the tray icon doesn't change when signed on/off, so I might think I'm still signed on when I actually lost connection forever ago. I hate this. Also, unlike AIM there seems to be no "automatically try to reconnect when connection is lost option" this I also hate, because my DSL modem is usually quite tempermental. :/
-Keep IM conversation text after IM is closed option: I took this to meant it was a true auto save feature. But it seems like it only keeps it after so long and then dumps it. :/ I'm pretty sure I've signed on and off, closed and reopened windows and it was still there so I'm not sure when it purges it. Would have been nice to know though.

Really, those are my only beefs with it. Otherwise it seems like a huge leap over AIM. So, anyone know how to overcome the second shortcoming I listed? Because I can't find it. :/

i have this version as well, but not my choice, mainly i had no choice because i had to re-install all my programs on the computer, *mumblesDarnVirusesmumble* lol... it looks nicer, but its diffrent... i used to like the hide windows when i was doing work on the computer and didnt want to be disturbed ... its not on this version? and wheres the anime radio station? i'd like to hear it :biggrin:

I'm a music pirate, and share a lot of files over AIM, so this new version SUCKS. It's horrible for file transfers, so I'll stick with the old version.

I haven't tried the file transfer, but what can be so bad about drag and drop transfers? Unless it doesn't auto-resume like the old one used to. :/

I don't see why people want to have to load up different programs for MSN, ICQ, AIM, etc, when they could just use trillian and chat on every frequency.

I got a new laptop, so I had to install this POC.

"I hates it! Gollum!"

I'm going to check out that old version site!

oldversion.com is the rock
I got my AIM from there, works perfectly fine.
It's for all those times you hate a new release, and wish you could go back but can't find an old download.

Back