Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Alan's Empostar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanJLegend

Here's my new deck! Feedback and improvements would be appreciated.

Pokemon:

4 Piplup (3DP/1MD)
3 Prinplup (2DP/1MD)
3 Empoleon (2MD/1DP)
1 Empoleon Lv.X
2 Helix Fossil MD
1 Omanyte MD
2 Omastar MD
2 Absol SW
1 Smeargle SW

Total: 19

Supporters/Trainers/Stadiums:

2 Bebe's Search
2 Fossil Excavator
3 Rosanne's Research
1 Scott
2 Steven's Advice
3 Team Galactic's Mars
3 Team Galactic's Wager
4 Quick Ball
2 Night Maintenance
1 Premier Ball
2 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
1 Dawn Stadium
1 Lake Boundary

Total: 29

Energy:

10 Water
2 Scramble

Total: 12

Strategy: Well obviously this is somewhat of a disruption deck. Although it would be nice to start with Absol and attack their hand from the very beginning, although a Piplup start would also be nice. The strategy is pretty straightforward; get out Empoleon MD and start going agro on their bench with Dual stream. Try to get a Helix fossil and another Piplup on the bench during this. After a while, evolve Helix into Omastar (via Rare Candy or Omanyte), making your opponent have to remove the top level evolution of all of their benched Pokemon. Then play TGW, so they lose the evolution cards back into their deck. Then continue the Dual Stream assault on the bench, using Surf Together to take out the active if needed. Empoleon Lv.X is included for Supreme command to further ruin their hand. Smeargle is there to get energy when needed, as this deck lacks it.

What I kinda need help with: I get the feeling that I need more Rare Candies, more Warp Points, more energy and possibly a few other things, but I am not really sure. And advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Add 2-2 claydol GE to help consistency!

add 2 scramble (12 energie are too few).

take out 4 water energies for 4 call energy from MD (very good).

also try to put 2 more candies....

take out some trainers to make space for all the above.

I'd say lose both stadiums, add in windstorm.

You definitely need two more candies, it allows you to pull the Omastar trick when your opponent least expects it, and also helps you get Empoleon out faster.

It's really hard to make space for alot of this, but you should try your hardest to make room for:

2-2 Claydol

4 Rare Candy

3 Scramble

2 Call Energy

4 Absol; if you're really serious about starting with it you need 4. Two won't cut it, because you could end up with it late game when it's really useless. If you run the 2-2 Claydol though, I'd say drop Absol completely.

2 Windstorm.

Cut:
Empoleon LvX
Smeargle
2 Absol
2 Stadium
Premier Ball
2 Steven
1 Scott
1 Priplup

Add
2-2 Claydol
2 Windstorm
2 Candy
2 Scramble
1/2 Unown G.
0/1 Mars
1 Empoleon

I also find 4 Quick Ball, 2 Bebe and 3 Roseannes a tad to much to search Pokémon with. If you use for example 4 Bebe/Celio you could probably cut all the quick balls

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Do I really need Claydol though? One of the reasons I added 4 quick balls is because basically every Pokemon in the deck I need, especially the Omastar and Empoleon lines. Even the Absols and Smeargle can be helpful. With a 2-2 Claydol line I would be getting a Claydol and a Baltoy after I have set up a Claydol.

That might be annoying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back