Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

All BW6 Scans and Translations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toooooo goooooooood.

Bianca and Cheren FAs.

Now my N wont be lonely.

But oh well, Juniper is forever alone.

Anyone think we'll get a FA juniper? Love the full arts! But really! Why a shiny rocky helmet and can't it be recolered blue or something? Anybody else up for shiny eviolite?

:O

Cheren and Bianca look awesome, and that Landorus form does too. Really dislike shiny Rocky Helmet,and Golurk is meh. Weirdest shiny choices to date imo.

I haven't got my playset of FA N yet, but with Cheren and Bianca onthe way...i just gotta get em all :p

Two things.
1. It's nice to see that we're getting a more FA supporters.
[DEL]2. Do we know if the Cheren and Bianca are reprints or new text. (Since they are based off BW2 and all)[/DEL] (Never mind upon closer inspection the Biance looks like it has the same text.

The FAs look even better than the last few times. Me gusta.

Crobat Prime, why you rotate before +20 poison damage stadium? 60 damage a turn from poison would have been amazing!

And ugh, these trainers. Formats suffer most when trainers are broken. Bicycle is the worst offender. Trainers should not have draw effects that arent flip based like Victory Medal. I really don't want Poke Drawer + back, that thign was so annoying =/

I do like the new supporter though, really needed more tot he mix then Cheren/Bianca/Juniper/N (Cilian, i know you exsist, but you suck).

I do agree with Roz below me though, the exs are very lackluster. Sure, Ace Spec cards could give Black/White Kyurem better stats, but they are still just as heavy to power up as Kyurem ex, and with worse attack costs. Celebi is very situational and useless in big basic decks, which are pretty big, Cresselia really has a terrible attack, which is a shame. 4 energy 90 is bad enough without lack of weakness to exploit. I personally like Landorus' playstyle a lot, its the perfect merge of spread/glass cannon, and is heavy ballable for some reason. Keldeo...i dunno. There are better users of Ether and while i like the ability, it isnt game breaking by aaany means. I'm glad they aren't throwing another Mewtwo/Darkrai ex at us, but i still expected better.

Last edited:
The EXs are kind of underwhelming me. Of course you never know what other cards could be coming that could make them all more viable, but right now as far as usefulness in the game goes I can't really see any of them making a huge splash. Landorus could be added to fighting decks and Celebi may find a place in Hydriegon (to possibly use Zwelious' attack), but other than that I'm not seeing much at first glace; but that art... AMAZING. Celebi being my personal favourite of the EX. Though Bianca and Cheren FA are pretty spectacular too.

I wonder if a card that lets you swap a prize card out will be released this set to go with Town Map, if so Durant will survive the rotation after all.

Hugh is so dirty, but I love him. Hopefully he gets a FA (Along with Juniper) soon. And PC Communication is totally getting my ACE SPEC slot if I ever use one.

This set looks great so far. Hoping to see regular non ex versions of the therein forms and Keldeo Resolution form so they can be added to Card Pokedex. On that note I'm also still praying for Autumn and Winter Deerling and Sawsbuck too.

Looks like I'll be up late tonight lol.

Well, they are ALL reprints remember. You don't have to get the FAs. It's a choice. And Supporter FA's usually don't get super expensive, even though they look siiiiick.

I know but me and a lot others need to complete sets. Plus I want a play set in my deck. Also, I hate the use of only one Ace Spec card but having supporters in the use of a item card is just sick. My guess is every one will use PC Communication. Bicycle looks fun as well.

I do like how they're naming Trainers/Items after in-game things, makes me smile.

That being said, PC Communication will be the ACE SPEC choice of any deck for the foreseeable future unless you run a specific Pokemon like Black/White Kyurem and want it instead. I actually like their general concept, 1 super strong card that can potentially swing a game, but can only have 1 copy of in a deck; it's almost like how Luxury Ball was great, but useless beyond 1 card per deck. Celebi EX is pretty cool in concept, and Town Map will let us safely go back to minimum card techs to a degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back