Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Am I the only one bothered by this

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, who is making these deals? Why is it $15 for 10?

It may be a PTO or League Leader.

Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:
Eh, interesting, kind of suspicious. *nodnod* But it's definatly possible that someone could just have gotten more pop packs from different people. ;) HEY IT'S POSSIBLE.

EXTREMELY Improbable, though.
At a regionals, each person gets what, one or two POP Packs. There's only been one regionals weekend so far.
So, this person essentially would have had to ask either 19 or 39 (depending on how many packs per person) other people (that doesn't include themselves, remember) for their Unopened POP Packs.
Yeah, right.
Something's definately up.

Bliz: I know at the Mountain Reg. everyone got 2 packs to start, players and staff.

I didn't see anyone not open their packs.

After words the staff got a couple extra, again everyone opened them.

Not sure how it worked at other events, but it does sound odd that someone could get that many packs from ppl. Especially since they are brand new cards. Almost no one will give up free cards the first day they are out.

The seller also has a similar auction for POP2.

I guess someone could buy a set, them send the info to PUI/POP to report.

Weird.

The seller is from Nebraska. It could be someone's player rewards too.

I'm curious. I know PTOs have persmission to sell some left-overs from pre-releases and other premier events (ie., deck boxes). Are POP boosters among those leftovers that PTOs can sell in order to recoop some of their expenses?

SteveP said:
The seller is from Nebraska. It could be someone's player rewards too.

I'm curious. I know PTOs have persmission to sell some left-overs from pre-releases and other premier events (ie., deck boxes). Are POP boosters among those leftovers that PTOs can sell in order to recoop some of their expenses?

40 packs player rewards? Unlikely.
And I didn't think player rewards had started yet...

This concerns me (since we just had our Regionals)... I know some players were trying to trade for these packs, but there's no way someone could have ended up with 40 of them..

Yup, the seller is from Nebraska...

Last edited:
BLiZzArD said:
actually already sold 5 (look at purchases) so that's 90 packs which I find way hard to believe

BLiZz

That's true... Wow~

PUI should contact ebay, and have the auction pulled.

I may be wrong, but unless there is a way that someone can legally own 90 of these by this time, those POP packs don't belong to the seller. Until they are earned by the players (either through player rewards, league or tournaments), I believe they belong to PUI.

It's quite simple. There's a certain league in Nebraska (there are 2 registered for the same store) that reported 21 players last session. Their league kit would have arrived this week with 95 packs (round up to 30 players x 3 Pop packs each + 5). It definately appears that PUI is being scammed or that some players are being cheated. I'm sure that Mike L and company will be looking into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back