Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ambler PT report

I will see how much of my battles I can recall.
First off, when I woke up to start my car it would start so I called AAA who can sometimes take up to an hour but lucky for me this time around, they only took 20min which would turn out to be clutch later on.

When I got there the place was packed and I was getting worried that they weren't gonna have enough product to go around. Luckily for me I was able to get in for the first flight of tournaments.

So anyway I got my packs and as I soon found out I passed off a set of 6 packs that had a Shaymin Lv X that I really needed for my deck. But a Shiny Lotad was a decent concilation prize.

Anyway my deck consisted mostly of basic pokemon including a fair share of "G" pokemon.
There were 5 rounds: (i don't remember any of the names sry)

Round 1:
So I started with Seviper which once again proved to be a great card for the prereleases. I stalled with Seviper just using Shed Skin to keep it alive, until I could get my Giratina (the one with Earth Power)
up and ready to go. So I just started hitting everything for 60 and chipping away at the bench with the atk's effect. and that basically got me the victory. (1-0)

Round 2:
Once again I had the honor of starting with that Giratina again, but stupid Skunktank G's smokescreen made it hard for me to do any damage at all. But luckily for me I was able to get the one heads on smokescreen flip I needed as proceeded to get my only head out of 6 attempts with Earth Power, which set me up for Honchkrow G to use target atk and knock out his Swablu for the final prize. (2-0)

Alright so far so good a great 2-0 start after a pitiful SF pre-release

Round 3:
So this one wasn't even fair, my opponent managed to pull Weavile G which ended up annihilating my Giratina and leaving scrambling needless to say this one was over fast with Houndoom G cleaning up the rest. (2-1)

Round 4:
This was the fastest match ever I think I had lost in like 2 or 3 turns as to not having the basic pokemon to keep going. Needless to say my 2-0 record vanished in a heart beat (2-2)

Round 5:
This was a game I was determined to win, and to my delight my determination was rewarded as I got Houndoom G and Skunktank G with my Galactic Base stadium. I just ended up rolling right through all his pokemon poisoning them and Black Cry and Dark Slash. (3-2)

Unfortunately due to the excessive participation in the first flight those who participated in it were not allowed to play in the second one. Which really stunk cause I had planned on playing both.
Oh well there's always Time Warp next week!

Props: The judges keeping their cool and getting everything organized
Good pulls in packs
3-2 record

Slops: Passing off on Shaymin Lv X :mad:
Not being able to play in the 2nd flight.

Back