2 Rare Candy
2 Switch
1 Alph 4

Energies: 14
6 Lightning
4 Water
4 DCE

Stratagy:
First, its a cleffa stall for quitw a while till i set up amphy.
Then use Hyper Beam to get rid of energies for 4 damage counters.
My dream bench would be all four ampharos and one gyara with one active. or active gyara with cleffa hiding till gyara dies.

but it seems a bit tough to get amphy up faster, and ideas?

I like the idea of this deck.. The nature of the opponent taking damage for energies that are to only be discarded while requiring them to only attach more is an awesome idea!

However, your deck (assuming that your plan is to rarely attack with ampharos) is weak to Zekrom/Lightning variants. Can I suggest adding a small Donphan Prime line (possibly 2-2). Additionally, the Donphan can be useful for stalling when your cleffa stall just doesn't seem to be working (and is wayyyyyyyyy flippy). I'm not a big fan of babies, so this is, of course, your choice.

You already have the switch and seekers necessary for picking that Donphan up once he's run its course. The only downside of the Donphan suggestion is that you are required to make room for some type of Rainbow energies.

Below is a revision I worked on. I love the deck idea, and can't wait to play test.

Tech'd vs. Yanmega? Yes (Ampharos)
Tech'd vs. Zekrom? Yes (Donphan)
Tech'd vs. Reshiram? Yes (Gyarados)
...I think you may be on to something. We, however, must ensure that this deck is as speedy as it needs to be.

PKMN: 20
2-2 Gyarados
4-3-4 Ampharos Prime
2-2 Donphan Prime
1 Cleffa

T/S/S: 24
3 PKMN Collector
2 Seeker (Though a supporter, is entirely more consistent than SSU. Further, once you have everything set up, you should be blowing through your prizes. This is the same reason I have removed Alph 4.)
3 PONT
3 Flower Shop Lady (Meant to capitalize on your further use of Juniper and Low Energy. If were going to run Flower Shop, we might as well be discarding. Also good for getting back those energies used to retreat a Donphan that was used to stall, if you do not currently have switch.)
1 Juniper
2 Elm

4 PKMN Communications (Can trade out phanpys and donphans, if not needed)
2 Dual Ball
2 Rare Candy
2 Switch

Energies: 16
4 Lightning
4 Water
4 DCE
4 Rainbow Energy

Last edited:
I suggest this:

2 Smoochum
1 Cleffa
1 Tyrogue
3-3 Gyarados
3-2-3 Ampharos
1 Bouffalant
=19

4 Collector
4 PONT
3 Juniper
3 Candy
3 Junk Arm
3 Plus Power
3 Pokemon Revesal
4 Communication
2 Switch
=29

4 DCE
4 Rainbow
2 Lightning
2 Water
=12

The deck looks like it will be alot of fun playing it, and it can be a very annoying kind of lock xD,
if you're out faster than your oppenent.

636:
I see what you're saying, but its a bit tough to get Donphans now adays, and I had a Typhlosion Prime in mind, because of healing grass pokemon. Plus the set up of cards listed is practically the same as mine, just minus 2 cards for two extra energy. I'm looking for a faster setup, so that I can start giving damage before a lot of energy is attatched.

Darkmot:
I honestly hate Junk arm. I'm the type of player who hates getting rid of cards for another one in the Discard Pile.
Plus, # ampharos isn't enough to cause enough damage, and 3 Gyara is a bit too much, testing my deck out with mphy and gyara, Gyara doesn't come till 4 Mareep and 1 cleffa :p Its the last part of it because of Cleffa stalling.

Cleffa Stalling doesn't work.
One heads and you oppenent takes the advantage and vs. this deck this means GG for your oppenent then.
So, getting out Gyara asap is not good? especially if you want to discard the energies from your oppebents pokemon, what can be done with Reversaling them up and attacking them before they attack you?
Believe me if you do that and set up your Ampharos later everything is fine and your oppenent will not get such a huge prize lead.
Saying that something doesn't come until is really (sry) stupid in this format, because getting 4 Ampharos (which are definitly not needed) is a dream and stays a dream, because you CAN'T get them out in a consistent way everytime.
Moreover having 2 of them should be enough with gyara and Smoochum (which allows you to switch one nrgy from any pokemon to another one from your oppenent, and walls like cleffa too.;D).
AND Junk Arm is probably one of the BCIF's and definitly a staple in most decks.

Believe me, try my list and you'll see that it works that way. ;D
Darkmot.

Hmm well You do have a point and I haven't been playing pokemon as long as a lot of people here, I'll try out your TTS list. The I'll see the Tyrouge thing, cuz I already tried the smoochum thing and it works wonders :D
And I love plus power, but with gyara giving 80 damage, that times two is already 160, more than most pokemon that aren't legends. And even with that, it still KOs most legends. And, it ohko's Donphan still.
I'm still skeptical about Junk arm, but I can try the card out then.

Ive been playtesting the decklist posted by Darkmot on playtcg, and this deck is SOO much freaking fun to play. However, I found that my games came down to the wire (1-2 prizes). The only blowout I had was ironically versus an Ursaring and Kingdra deck which operates on low energy. I think the opponent was too scared to put down energy.

The addition of Smoochum is INCREDIBLE. Oh, you dropped a DCE on Ursaring Prime? Well, move that DCE to Kingdra. LATER!

I had absolutely no problem setting up a bench of 2-3 Ampharos, 1-2 Gyarados, and 1 Smoochum by turn 5 or 6. Overall, I'm very impressed. The great thing about Amphy is that he isnt only a bench sitter, but also an attacker.

Oh, and this deck complete beats the day lights out of Reshiram and some Yanmega variants.

I had found, however, that my water energy were few and far between so I dropped a Smoochum and Bouffalant for 2 more. Testing this out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back