Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Amphy/T-tar reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRJessie579

I'm desperately trying to get this deck ready for States...after playing it a bunch, and seeing what other people are doing, here's what I got:

Pokemon: 22
4 Plusle (Deoxys)
3 Larvitar (Dig Drain)
2 Dark Pupitar (Rock Tumble)
2 Dark Tyranitar (Sand Damage)
1 Dark Tyranitar (Spinning Tail)
2 Mareep
1 Dark Flaffy
2 Dark Ampharos
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot

Trainers: 24
4 Ancient Technical Machine [Rock]
4 Rare Candy
4 Celio’s Network
3 Steven’s Advice
3 Copycat
2 Rocket’s Tricky Gym
2 Swoop! Teleporter
1 Surprise! Time Machine
1 Warp Point

Energy: 14
4 Darkness Energy
5 Lightning Energy
5 Fighting Energy

Decided to use Plusle instead of Dunsparce--it has Call for Family, and an attack that hits Pokemon with Poke-Powers--perfect for the Deoxys decks I'm sure will start popping up.

I keep changing the Trainers around, because I'm not sure which are the better draw-power cards, etc...I've been going back and forth between Copycat and POR, maybe I should try 2 of one and 1 of another? Is 2 Tricky Gym too many? I wanna use Wally's, but there's no more ROOM. Ack.

With the Energy...I keep going back to DRE, other people use it in their decks, but I just don't see the use, since T-tar is usually my active, and if I S!TM for Spinning Tail, it will do less damage to each Pokemon if it's got a DRE attatched...other Amphy/T-tar people, is it mainly used for emergencies, like if you need to put Amphy up? I may stick one or two in. Anyone think Scramble will be any good? I usually do fall behind on prizes while setting up, as I sacrifice my Dunsparce (now Minun).

I'd appreciate any help. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I'd consider switching Warp for a Crystal Shard, but have you ever played Amphy/T-tar? The ATMR and Rare Candy cards are essential in this deck--once you get going, you ATMR every turn if you can for major damage, and 4 Rare Candy ensure that I get all three Stage 2s out as soon as possible.

Well a few changes could be made here so let me try my best,

Pokemon: 22
4 Dunsparce (stick with him he's better)
3 Larvitar (Fury Attack, hes better to. Kill dunsparce first turn =)
2 Dark Pupitar (Explosive Evolution....Again better)
1 Dark Tyranitar (Sand Damage)
2 Dark Tyranitar (Spinning Tail)
2 Mareep
1 Dark Flaffy
2 Dark Ampharos
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot

Trainers: 22
4 Ancient Technical Machine [Rock]
3 Rare Candy
4 Celio’s Network
3 Steven’s Advice
2 Copycat
4 Tv Reporter
2 Mt. Moon

Energy: 16
1 Rockets Energy
3 DRE
4 Darkness Energy
4 Lightning Energy
1 Fighting Energy
3 Rainbow

This is a bit more solid IMO, try it out this deck is realy great =)

`Ben

i am also trying to use dark t-tar and ampharos deck. i find it hard to get it up and running though. i have a couple of questions about the use of this deck, keep in mind i am a beginner...

1. if i have the choice between getting a T-tar out first or starting my pidgey evolution, what would you suggest? usually, i jsut put t-tar out to start sand damange, but sometimes, my pidgey is slow to grow, so i get stuck.

2. does anyone else have problems with draw power with this deck?

3. if i put DRE on T-tar, how does this affect sand damage? how does this affect Spinning tail?

thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Do people really play decks without Switch? I really must use that Sableye then.... This is looking good, keep the 4 ATMR and Candy - and Celio. Use Sparce instead of Plusle! It is so much better, and its attack is better as well, even though you'll hardly ever use it.

Kingraoh said:
i am also trying to use dark t-tar and ampharos deck. i find it hard to get it up and running though. i have a couple of questions about the use of this deck, keep in mind i am a beginner...

1. if i have the choice between getting a T-tar out first or starting my pidgey evolution, what would you suggest? usually, i jsut put t-tar out to start sand damange, but sometimes, my pidgey is slow to grow, so i get stuck.

2. does anyone else have problems with draw power with this deck?

3. if i put DRE on T-tar, how does this affect sand damage? how does this affect Spinning tail?

thanks for the help.

1. Pidgeot, definitely. Once you get the bird out, it's a lot quicker to set up the rest.

2. I did at first, but my current trainer spread seems to be working for me.

3. DRE subtracts 10 damage from EACH Pokemon--so Spinning Tail would only do 10 to each Poke, which is why I'm still on the fence about using DRE. Sand Damage isn't an attack, DRE doesn't affect it at all.

AncientAbsol, though I don't like/understand most of the changes you made, I at least want to consider them...just a few questions. Why only 1 Sand Damage T-tar, when it's basically what the deck's built around? :confused: I started out using EE Pupitar, but never really needed to use its attack...the other has 10 more HP, which is better if you want to use S!TM on your T-tar, and better attacks overall. And I'm not sure I could get by on only 1 Fighting...yes, there's Rainbow, but I don't like them in this deck--they damage your own Pokes, and you want them out for as long as possible.

I'll keep Sparce, then, I guess. :wink: It does work out really great.

And I have the Warp Point for emergencies only--it used to be Switch, and then I used to have 2 WP...I've changed it around a LOT.

thanks for the response, now i have another question about spinning tail

1. if i have a darkness energy and a dre energy to power spinning tail it's all good and t-tar still does 20 damage to each pokemon, no?
2. if i have 3 darkenss energy to power spinning tail does it do 50 to each pokemon? now that would be NUTS! if that's the case then pairing t-tar up with a poke that can move dark energy would be sick.

Kingraoh said:
thanks for the response, now i have another question about spinning tail

1. if i have a darkness energy and a dre energy to power spinning tail it's all good and t-tar still does 20 damage to each pokemon, no?
2. if i have 3 darkenss energy to power spinning tail does it do 50 to each pokemon? now that would be NUTS! if that's the case then pairing t-tar up with a poke that can move dark energy would be sick.

Unfortunately, DRE works on both active and benched, but Darkness Energy works ONLY on the active--so if you had Darkness and DRE, it would still do 20 to the active, but only 10 to each benched. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back