Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Amu - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasmagoric

This is my favorite and one of the most versatile builds of AMU. Atleast it is in my opinon... I've beaten every deck that I've come across so far with it including kingdra and luxray. Well here's the list.

Pokemon : 19

1 Azelf MT
2 Azelf LA
1 Azelf Lv X
2 Mesprit MT
1 Mesprit LA
1 Mesprit Lv X
2 Uxie LA
2 Uxie Lv X
2 Mewtwo MD
2 Mewtwo Lv X
2 Mr. Mime
1 Unknown G

Trainers/Supporters/Stadium : 27

4 Roseanne's Research
4 Premier Ball
4 Warp Point
3 Felicity's Drawing
3 Quick Ball
3 Snowpoint Temple
2 Bebe's Search
2 Night Maintenance
2 Energy Switch

Energy : 14

3 Call Energy
11 Psychic Energy

Strategy:

The strategy to this deck is not very simple at all. It has all the perks that normally come with AMU. Mesprit's Supreme/God Blast, Uxie's draw power and Zen Blade(not to mention psychic restore), Azelf's prize search and possible late game sniper with the Lv X... but this deck also has a twist. With more emphasis on Mewtwo and Mewtwo Lv X in the deck, it can be a potential starter or finisher or both. Mewtwo provides it's own energy excell with it's Energy Absorbtion attack and for just one more energy can do 60 a turn or a possible 120 every other turn if Lv X is out. To top that off, Mewtwo Lv X's pokebody just makes it an absolutely devastating starter. Probably my favorite thing about the mewtwo start would be that it gets past all of those pesky Mr. Mime's that seem to be running ramped this format due to kingdra and even a counter to most AMU decks.

Last edited:
The 2-2 Uxie X is working for you ? I thought of going from 3-1 Uxie X to 2-2 Uxie X. I may try your way.

Thanks for posting.

solid list but:

-1 LA mesprit
-3 dusk ball

+1 MT mesprit
+3 quick ball

those really work for me! :D good luck and i hope i helped

I understand why you would say to put a moonlight in, but moonlight stadium is far less important than snowpoint temple in this deck and I wouldn't want any confliction. Besides that, I usually just use Mr. Mime and Mewtwo to sponge damage when I need time to set up or just to save me from a massive blow to more important things. Other than that, all my pokemon have free retreat thanks to mesprit MT... so there's really no point in running it anyway.

red face paint : yea the 2-2 Uxie works pretty good. it also gives the deck the oppurtunity to make Uxie Lv X a great attacker since you can Zen Blade every turn with it. (Zen Blade then free retreat next turn and Zen Blade again)

ninjachris: thanks, I will try the quickball over dusk ball, but I'm really not minding the dusk ball atm. it's really nice with uxie lvx's poke power. ^_^

the reason to run 2-2 of each of AMU is so that when one of the faeries gets KOed you still have another 1-1 line you can get into play without having to pull things out of your discard pile (you might not always have night maintenance, TSD, or a premier ball in hand). the only faerie i would even consider running as a 3-1 line is Azelf since Azelf LA's power is so important to this deck and the fact that Azelf lvl X is a sniper, which means that many times the defending pokemon will be someone not designed for attacking.

i am an ardent believer in pokeradar and quickball in this deck. yes sometimes pokeradar nets you nothing, but other times it will hit the set up jackpot.

I like your list, I ran a similiar list today at one of our BR, it went 4 wins 1 loss getting beat a 1 kingdra deck with aerodactyl.

differences were, I had
3 warp points
2 switches
3 energy switches
and I used Bebe's instead of duskballs, I might cut those down and use quick balls.

Mr. mime rocked the 3 other kingdra decks I faced.

and Gliscor did very well at our BR. I was suprised,
Top 4 Decks
AMU
Kingdra
Gliscor
Kingdra

rev: yea, I didn't state that because I thought that was obvious... and quickball is more consistent than pokeradar.

Ginerik: wow. thanks for the imput. I'm excited to take this to a battle roads now. ^_^

:biggrin:Y not 2 mespirit LA and SSU's that saved me in BR I ended up stoping my opponents pokepowers for 4 turns in a row cause of ssu:biggrin:

Do you ever actually attack w/ your MewTwoX .. or is it bottom-of-the-deck-bait for BeBes ?

I found that if it was a mirror match, getting Mewtwo set up early helped out a lot and bought time to set up the rest of the pixies. Otherwise I just set up pixies and Mewtwo sat there and waited

i would think he would stall the opp mewtwo level x with his own mewtwo level x. if he (the AMU player) is ahead on prizes the opp will have to bench mewtwo eventually before time runs out. also, it will almost certainly take mewtwo level x two turns (one to charge then next turn hit for 120) to KO azelf so he might be right about getting some sniping in.

And what if he's behind on prizes? And suppose MewtwoX is already charged when it comes up? Why not just put in a 1-1 line of Mightyena or something able to OHKO or 2HKO safely?

EDIT: Not trying to be pessimistic, I just see that as a major issue.

Last edited:
don't get me wrong, i am not endorsing mewtwo level x as a tech for AMU i am just explaining how i would try to handle the situation. i for one would not play either mewtwo nor mightyena with AMU.....

Thats when you can use Azelf X to snipe their bench

People keep saying this. They must not play the list much.

Unless you're up against a Sceptile deck of some sort... Azelf X can usually get you 4 or 5 damage counters on somebody. Then they PUMMEL the Azelf X.

Azelf can be useful is they've retreated to a sacrificial lamb and you're trying to reach over and hit that big dog .. but.. not even that happens often enough in my experiences.

I, personally, don't like MewTwoX or Mightyena.

Mightyena does 30. that's it. Dudes keep talking like Mightyena would WRECK AMU .. it doesn't. 30 damage gives me AT LEAST three turns to get to a warp point or switch card AND build the bench in the meantime. So, when I get to Mightyena, I'm SUPER CHARGED and ready to go...

MewTwoX has to load up first. So, I see that coming a mile away and I load up my own tech and one shot the MewTwoX. MewTwoX will get a sacrifical lamb. I'll get the MewTwo X ...

It looks like you plan to make ZenBlade your primary attack and hold off on the blast until they get a big dog up there. With that strategy, Your Mesprit is dead after it attacks and they snipe what's left on the battle worn Uxies. They give up 2 prizes and take 3 .. then disrupt the next blast.

So what do you think he should do for MewtwoX? We've come to the conclusion that Mightyena and MewtwoX are out, so...

^ Gardevoir! Lv.X!

Do NOT say "But Gardevoir's slow! And then I gotta use Candy!" Gardevoir is sorta like Mewtwo Lv.X/Mightyena insurance. You shouldn't need to get it out fast. Gardy Lv.X lets you escape Bite On with Teleportation, and it OHKOs Mewtwo (without Snowpoint, maybe play 1 counterstadium, like LB or something)! With Azelf Lv.X out, Mewtwo can't OHKO back (without a PP/buck)!.

Yeah it takes up a lot of slots, but give it a shot! If it doesn't work, screw it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back