Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

An extreme injustice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt

Recently, a bunch of my friends were banned from Pokegym for "bashing" a member of the community, who bashed somebody else with unfair comments. The man had this to say on the subject:

just recently i called someone who has these muscle spasms twitchy and asked him how this twitching was going and some other offensive things. but haha i am not banned over it! all these americans are! i was flaming all these americans but i got off the hook! hahahahahaha.

Which can be seen here: http://pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=17357

I don't understand the banning of my friends or the policy behind it. Okay, they've made questionable posts and some spam...but who DOESN'T?

Zach (Rambo1000) and Omar (IamMexican) have been a contributing members of this community, with a large number of contributing posts, larger than the amount of spam, I'd say. I just wanted to point out how I feel that it's unfair for them (and others) to be banned for pointing out the truth.

Thank you for your time.

Based on what I read on that thread, I agree with you. Rambo1000 & IamMexican have a sense of humour disturbingly close to mine, but make far more of a contribution to the gym than I could ever hope to. The pros outweigh the cons.

Agreed, Omar and Zach's spam and insult posts are far out weighed by their Good posts.
The posts for which they were banned for, I assume is calling someone Twitchy, which really isn't that bad. If someone is seriously offended by that, they need to be examined.

As much as this is a touchy subject, making a whole new thread about the issue is just going to result in another mass banning...

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Agreed, Omar and Zach's spam and insult posts are far out weighed by their Good posts.
The posts for which they were banned for, I assume is calling someone Twitchy, which really isn't that bad. If someone is seriously offended by that, they need to be examined.

The person he called Twitchy has muscle spasms...So...Yeaaaahhh...he has every right to be offended

Last edited:

It IS bad if the person has Tourettes =P

As much as this is a touchy subject, making a whole new thread about the issue is just going to result in another mass banning...

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

The person he called Twitchy has muscle spasms...So...Yeaaaahhh...he has every right to be offended

Ahh, I see. I kinda miss-read that as them saying he had muscle spasms when he didn't have them...
He does have the right to be offended then, but someone needs to see Jade banned as well.
If some go, they all go!

The good that you do is not offset against the bad. Thinks I've done five right things so if I only do four wrong things I'll still be okay? Sorry but No. We aren't buying indulgences here.

break board rules - get a ban. Its how this place works.

Feel the ban was unfair then make personal representation to the mods.

I don't understand the banning of my friends or the policy behind it. Okay, they've made questionable posts and some spam...but who DOESN'T?
Geez Bolt, did you read that before writing that?

Anyway, we don't usually discuss other people's bans, but since it involves a lot of people and there is misinformation out there, I thought I'd clear up a couple of points.

1. Don't bring crap onto our boards. Period. It causes us a lot of work to clean it up. It takes us away from doing other things.
2. The bans are not permanent. They are for a week. Why a week? Because a day ban is less than a slap on the wrist. A 3 day ban can be done standing on one's head. A weeks ban starts to get their attention. The attention to the message of: Don't bring crap onto our boards. The duration is designed to be a deterrant to a repeat.
3. I don't care what someone said to someone else in a private AIM chat. So I'm not going to ban someone for something they said privately in there. Duh. A good number of you would have permanent bans if we took up that policy!:cool:
4. DON'T BRING CRAP ONTO OUR BOARDS.
5. Finally, Jason has gotten a ban out of this. I don't appreciate being used as a wet newspaper to rub in other people's noses. So, he has a ban for that.

{PS: don't bring crap onto our boards!}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back