Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

An interesting Catcher counter

Scipio

Muk - hp110 - :psychic:
Stage 1 - Evolves from Grimer
Ability: Stick On
As long as This Pokemon is on your bench, neither player's active Pokemon can be switched to the bench in any way other then by retreating.
:psychic::colorless: Sludge Heal 40
The defending Pokemon is now poisoned. Remove up to 4 damage counters from This Pokemon.
Weakness: :psychic: x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: :colorless::colorless::colorless:

Muk is designed to be a double edged sword. It shuts down Catcher, but also stuff like Switch, Warp Point and Bright Look. This can work against you just as well against your opponent.
Decks playing Muk won't be able to play Catcher themselves either. Nor can they run Switch. It also disables attacks that let you return to the bench. All this combines for a very delicately balanced card.

Last edited:
Hahaha, Scipio, while i love your card, re-read it for me xD

"As long as This Pokemon is on your bench, neither player's active Pokemon cannot be switched to the bench in any way other then by retreating."

All the card does right now is prevent normal retreating. xD

Muk - hp110 - :psychic:
Stage 1 - Evolves from Grimer
Ability: Stick On
As long as This Pokemon is on your bench, neither player's active Pokemon cannot be switched to the bench in any way other then by retreating.
:psychic::colorless: Sludge Heal 40
The defending Pokemon is now poisoned. Remove up to 4 damage counters from This Pokemon.
Weakness: :psychic: x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: :colorless::colorless::colorless:

Muk is designed to be a double edged sword. It shuts down Catcher, but also stuff like Switch, Warp Point and Bright Look. This can work against you just as well against your opponent.
Decks playing Muk won't be able to play Catcher themselves either. Nor can they run Switch. It also disables attacks that let you return to the bench. All this combines for a very delicately balanced card.

You pretty much said that either Player's Active Pokémon can be switched out. The words neither and cannot, cancel each other out.

Grammar error fixed. AR, you're captain repeating obvious speaking, I do presume? No need to repeat what Shino already kindly pointed out.

I didn't notice he said it first. I just saw what you put and went straight to posting the grammatical error. I didn't read what anyone else said.

---------- Post added 08/28/2011 at 09:18 AM ----------

But there's also, other THAN retreating. Not other then retreating.

Back