Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Anorld Schwarzenegger to run for California Gov.

yoshi1001

Okay guys, what do you think of this? I think it'd be kinda cool to have Arnold as govenor, but actors don't always make good politicians.

:rolleyes: Of course you'd think it would be 'cool' to have Ahh-nord to be governor: you don't live in CA! :mad:

Talk about being the laughingstock of the country...:rolleyes:

'mom

Then again, didn't Gray Davis already make California a laughing stock? :confused:

Arnold has a solid chance of winning (though time to get out his views isn't very solid :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
I'd vote for him! No seriously, I would. I've kept an eye on his politics, and although he does have a bit of a Hollywood flair to him, I feel he does know what he's doing. I mean he did back that afterschool aide bill a year or so ago...

I mean in all honesty, attempting to run for Governor (of California no less) is nothing any person, actor or politician, should just do "for the heck of it".

Embarassing... he ain't a NATURAL born citizen *phew* he CAN'T make a run for the presidency... yeah scary thought.

I am waiting for the you know what to hit the fan... I WANNA know what skeletons he has in his AUSTRIAN past... so *bad* of me...

Last edited:
First off, I don't see the recall election booting Davis out of office -- most people, even in California, know that there's not much anyone could have done with this state in the current economy.

That said, I don't see Mr. Swartzenegger being any more effective than Davis -- he'll have a legislature that will be at his throat most of the time (just like Mr. Davis has -- go figure!).

Lol, yeah nothing to be done in the economy... "Well since California is down the tubes anyways... I suppose I'll give my friends in the government lots of raises... 90% of salary pensions... and I'll give the state a bigger deficit than 48 of the other states BUDGETS combined!"

I like that he's running. He doesn't have much of a political background, so it'd be a difficult task. I actually don't want a republican to win... because I don't want my party to be stuck with the impossible task of fixing California.

But I think no one honestly believes Gray Davis will be re-elected... his approval ratings are like 19%... and thats the hard-core liberal crowd that wouldn't waver even if he was caught with drugs or something.

~ RaNd0m

i agree with random. grey davis hasnt done anything to improve california much, and all he's done has hurt it. if he hadnt run a smear campain in the last election, i doubt he would have won. bill simon might have made some mistakes with a business, but grey davis made mistakes a thousand times worse. i would welcome arnold as governor. anyhow, how could he be any worse than grey davis?

Life imitates art. I'm surprised that none of the papers I have access to have mentioned the movie "Demolition Man" yet. Maybe it's different in America. Heck, I just heard about Koby Bryant yesterday. Literally. Never heard of him before.

Eh... Anyhow, I think he's serious. I also think he'd do a pretty good job. Arnie, that is.

I was discussing this earlier... My family and I think it would be interesting to have Ah-nold win just for the fun of Davis seeing who we replaced him with. That's got to hurt.

Granted, although, I've been paying attention to him, and thus far, he seems to know what he's doing. Let's hope he really DOES.

Last edited:
Everyone's missing Arnold's big competiton: Gary Coleman - Whachutalkinbout Gray Davis?

Seriously, Arnold's a good contender, but he's a social Democrat and a fiscal Republican. If he does win, he's got a train wreck to clean up. For that matter, whoever wins will have a train wreck to clean up.

I did like the line he used on Leno when he announced, "It will be the first time Maria's ever voted for a Republican!"

I would worry about his republican cronies in office... Andrew Jackson meet the 21st century =/

Gray Davis sure recommended his =(

Last edited:
Ahnold, nay anyone, is up from Mr. Davis.

No, I think the biggest JOKE is the 23% voter turn out last election that got Grey Davis into power. (Was it 23%? I know it was pretty pathetic.)

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD VOTE AND VOTE OFTEN.

---

I would worry about his republican cronies

Heh, watch your mouth, you don't know who here is Republican or not. :p ... I feel so weird, I'm like the only Republican in the SF Bay Area. :D

Last edited:
Be a Republican, no hard feelings, I TRY to avoid either "major' party anyway... he may have married INTO the JFK family... but HOW else will he make HEADS or TAILS of the CA quagmire???

I doubt ANYONE who gets elected will last a term... it a mess here.

A republican in the bay area... possible but UNHEARD of :p

Last edited:
Okay, You know it wouldn't be bad at all if Arnold was voted in Governor. We could have Huffington in there...or Ghallager....or Larry Flint....or Gray Davis again. Oh yeah, about Gray Davis not being able to do much with the economy. Gray Davis really didn't do much of anything as his plan of action was "it'll fix itself in time". Actually that was his plan for a lot of issues, with the result of having to cut into other Government funded programs(Colleges cutting freshmen enrollment by almost 50% in CA, that's really gonna hurt my chances of getting into a UC College sinc I'm a High School Senior. Thanks "Joe".). But anyways, Arnold is the best candidate, since with his own fortune he wouldn't be nearly as easy for special interest groups to sway him with $ plus Arnold wold be able to hire the right people with the job, and maybe even throw his own millions to help CA.
Oh yay, those were my 2 cents.

Back