Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

anti-delta

there is a good tech: crystal beach. basically, from my understanding a deck with medicham cg will rip it apart if played right.

yeah and I can agree with that myself. However you would not want your opponent to be able to tech against your deck... let me see though cards to counter a delta deck...

Non power non body, second run giant stumps and cursed stones

next run cessation if needed...

otherwise make sure to run heavy metal pokemon or something that can smack the deltas around.

4 Crystal Beach and 4 Windstorm and a few Giant Stump.

Get rid of their Cursed Stones and other stadiums and Cessation Crystals, but make sure Crystal Beach sticks at the end. You might need the extra Stadiums because some delta decks use 4 Cursed Stone and 2 Holon Legacy.

Sandslash7 said:
4 Crystal Beach and 4 Windstorm and a few Giant Stump.

Get rid of their Cursed Stones and other stadiums and Cessation Crystals, but make sure Crystal Beach sticks at the end. You might need the extra Stadiums because some delta decks use 4 Cursed Stone and 2 Holon Legacy.
but that doesnt shut them down at all. Cards like Cursed Stone and Crystal Beach are easy to get rid of seeing as most delta decks play Windstorm at max with thei stadiums like Holon Ruins, Legacy, BF, etc. Nothing really shuts down delta, theres only cards that have the advantage against it. Kingdra d IMO is the best one.

^wait wait wait a minute, did you just say most Delta/Raieggs deck play MAX windstorm?

No, they don't.

They have no need to, with 4-6 stadiums AND 1-3 scotts, you don't need windstorm, there is not enough room.

Crystal beach houndoom lock ftw is about the best thing you can do.

moza said:
^wait wait wait a minute, did you just say most Delta/Raieggs deck play MAX windstorm?

No, they don't.

They have no need to, with 4-6 stadiums AND 1-3 scotts, you don't need windstorm, there is not enough room.

Crystal beach houndoom lock ftw is about the best thing you can do.
yes they do, or at least all the delta decks ive seen.

Agreed I am personally reffering to delta in general :p.

Um yeah alot of delta pokemon dont have much hp themselves so um something that can survive the scrambles :p.

Arbok d. is a very awesome card.
Dishing 3 for 80 OR 1 and status effects is great.
Somebody got into Top4 with Arbok d/Houndoom

heh, crystal beach/houndoom has never worked against me when I'm playing delta. Either delta draws a cessation early and keeps houndoom from working, or I figure out a way to drop my bench size to two. I already have plenty of gyms. The problem with most houndoom decks, if you get them in a situation where they have to play a backup attacker, you don't worry about houndoom at all. Even then, losing a couple prizes here or there doesn't matter because it only means you can scramble longer.

The best counter to delta is anything that deals at least 80 damage, but can't be scrambled for 90, or 100 hp and a power (notice how arbok doesn't fit this at all). That's where I'd start.

Back