Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Any new age decks like flariados running around?

helghast101

Flariados was one of my favorite decks back in the day, and I was wondering if there is anything similar to it running around?

its nothing like it to me. victreebel best suits. i always loved being about to lose then pull something heavy active and winning because of the time it bought me.

^Agrees 100%. Victreebel is far more like flaridos then gliscor (who is being played as polistall, with some punch).

Uh, what? Gliscor and its level X are like Flareon ex and Ariados combined-- the level X provides the status when it comes into play (a la Flareon ex), and then Pester is a lot like Reactive Poison except it just requires one status effect to do 80 (and has better base damage) whereas Reactive Poison required 2 to do 70. The only thing missing is something to simulate Spider Trap, which Victreebel admittedly does have... but that's the only thing it has whereas the Gliscor line has the other 2 out of 3 components.

but thats not how the deck is played, for those who only saw it as that combo. The reason it beat LBS back when it was good was because it could trap up the blastoise ex and knock it out convieniently at the end of their turn and get another quick ko for 3-4 prizes. It got me top4 at nats during my first year playing.

Oh I know about the Spider Trap tricks (such as bringing up Blastoise ex), and they're great. I'm just saying that Flariados essentially had three main components to work its sinister magic (Evolutionary Flame, Spider Trap and Reactive Poison), and the Gliscor line basically possesses two of those three whereas Victreebel only has one. You also can't really use Burning Scent as effectively as Spider Trap against big stuff since you don't have anything cheap like Reactive Poison to deal big damage after you've brought it active (Energy Dissolve is semi-decent but expensive) and with a 3 retreat you can't just switch it out to something that is going to do big damage either.

I do like Victreebel though. I noticed some threads about it yesterday both in this forum and in the deck section, comboing it with stuff like Weezing. Intriguing, I have to say...

Spider Trap was sleep/poison and Flareon was burn/confuse I think. I really wish I could have played that deck :(

Oh I know about the Spider Trap tricks (such as bringing up Blastoise ex), and they're great. I'm just saying that Flariados essentially had three main components to work its sinister magic (Evolutionary Flame, Spider Trap and Reactive Poison), and the Gliscor line basically possesses two of those three whereas Victreebel only has one. You also can't really use Burning Scent as effectively as Spider Trap against big stuff since you don't have anything cheap like Reactive Poison to deal big damage after you've brought it active (Energy Dissolve is semi-decent but expensive) and with a 3 retreat you can't just switch it out to something that is going to do big damage either.

I do like Victreebel though. I noticed some threads about it yesterday both in this forum and in the deck section, comboing it with stuff like Weezing. Intriguing, I have to say...

I really do agree that it wins best 2/3, but just try sniping without a warp pont. thats why i liked it so much. nowadays it 2shots dols, mars wager would own the setup with er2s, and u cud use one of ur own claydol if it was here today.

so there are three conditions on the poke: burn, poison, sleep... wouldnt that make ariados do 100 a turn?? or are burn and poison not stacking?

Most of the time it would be burned, poisoned and confused, not asleep, since sleep and confusion cancel out and the Flareon ex supplies confusion while it supplies the burn (after you Spider Trap, if you want to do the most damage you will bring Flareon ex into play to provide you with 2 more effects and 60 more damage). It's a better condition anyway since it doesn't go away on a flip (they have two chances to wake up after you Spider Trap and before you can use Reactive Poison) and sets the opponent up to potentially KO the defending Pokemon on their own turn if their attack fails.

gliscor/venasaur

it pretty much is flariados but without the need to flip scoops, and more damage output.

scorpio isnt a flariados style deck, its just a dumb stall deck that will fall at the first hurdle. in this case thats the 4-k value battle roads.

......says the guy who talks about gliscor/venusaur as if it would really be a smart play, since gliscor OBVOIUSLY has no lvl x and theres no better way to play it.

I'll stick with sludge the way i stuck to plox.

......says the guy who talks about gliscor/venusaur as if it would really be a smart play, since gliscor OBVOIUSLY has no lvl x and theres no better way to play it.

I'll stick with sludge the way i stuck to plox.

i never said it would be a smart play, its just very close to flariados

personally i first thought gliscor should be played with crobat, a quick 100 would be a pretty good winning strategy.

i dont think the LVX is worth sacrifising consistancy for.

Back