Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Any tips on how to avoid Daimond and Pearl spoilers?

Orange Soda

Whenever Pearl and Diamond come out, I want to go into the game as freshly as possible. Part of the fun of an entirely new Pokemon game is wandering around in the grass, hearing the battle music start, and then saying "Ooh, what is THAT?" I want to play the game without seeing all the new Pokemon ahead of time. The inherent problem, though, is that there seem to be many more in the Pokemon community who absolutely have to know this stuff as soon as it hits the internet.

I already avoid Serebii.net like the plague, and I try to ignore Pokebeach's main page as best I can when I go to look for TCG info (the only spoilers that I don't mind), but every once in a while my eyes wander and I see a screenshot that I wish I hadn't. I also don't read threads that are obviously spoilerific.

Beyond that, spoilers seem to pop in from various random directions, from people talking about spoilers as if they're common knkowledge in otherwise safe threads, to my landlord's kid, who seems to take a perverse delight in trying to tell me whatever spoilers he can.

I don't want to hear or see anything else, but it seems futile. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Some people would suggest don't go outside or don't come to the Gym...

Personally, I would say try to avoid the "video game specialty" stores, such as GameStop, EBgames, GameCrazy, etc. They tend to have fanboys and employees talking about the upcoming video games.

As far as your landlord's kid goes, cover his mouth, and tell the landlord that his/her child said a very bad word. :lol:

whenever you read something that says anything about D/P, cover your eyes.

whenever someone says something about D/P, cover your ears and go LALALALA.

and don't talk to anyone about it.

so...

see no pokemon, hear no pokemon, speak no pokemon.

*groan*

Given how prevalent some things are and how vehemently anti-spoiler you might be, just stay off the internet for a while.

I managed to get Harry Potter 6 spoiled to me on an FFXI forum, so you can't really be too careful.

Marril said:
Given how prevalent some things are and how vehemently anti-spoiler you might be, just stay off the internet for a while.

I managed to get Harry Potter 6 spoiled to me on an FFXI forum, so you can't really be too careful.
lol i accidentally spoiled it for a friend of mine, thought he saw the spoiler already on 4chan XD (and thought he had already finished the book too, took him a year later to finally finish reading the book :rolleyes: )

yeah, pretty much you just want to avoid the internet, and pokemon players altogether until it comes out here :eek:

Ah yes, good old 4chan. The occasional spoiler threads in /b/ (for those who don't know: People post every spoiler for everything they can think of at once) are usually pretty funny.

go buy a nice box and about 6 months supply of water twinkies and toilet paper and then go in your box and dont leave untill... well never come out because if you dont want to know about DP then you wont know the release date so i guess just stay in your box forever.

Orange Soda said:
Whenever Pearl and Diamond come out, I want to go into the game as freshly as possible. Part of the fun of an entirely new Pokemon game is wandering around in the grass, hearing the battle music start, and then saying "Ooh, what is THAT?" I want to play the game without seeing all the new Pokemon ahead of time. The inherent problem, though, is that there seem to be many more in the Pokemon community who absolutely have to know this stuff as soon as it hits the internet.

I already avoid Serebii.net like the plague, and I try to ignore Pokebeach's main page as best I can when I go to look for TCG info (the only spoilers that I don't mind), but every once in a while my eyes wander and I see a screenshot that I wish I hadn't. I also don't read threads that are obviously spoilerific.

Beyond that, spoilers seem to pop in from various random directions, from people talking about spoilers as if they're common knkowledge in otherwise safe threads, to my landlord's kid, who seems to take a perverse delight in trying to tell me whatever spoilers he can.

I don't want to hear or see anything else, but it seems futile. Any suggestions?
Heh, avoid the internet when Diamond/Pearl releases in Japan. Because once the games are released in Japan, that's when all the spoilers, like new Pokemon, will be spilling all out. But uh, once Diamond/Pearl has been released in Japan for a while, news updates on it will die down, and should be "safer", not completely safe if you really want to be that surprised. And then you have to do that again when the release date nears for the US, lol.

Back