Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

App: Pokellector -- good for pricing cards?

JuliefooJojo87

I'm just getting back into trading, collecting and playing the TCG. I've recently discovered the Pokellector app.
It seems to be a pretty good judge for pricing, but i just wanted to check in with the experts.
Is it a good judge in price for current (legal) sets?
What about really old collectable cards?
If you don't like Pokellector, what would you recommend in place of Pokellector?

Hello Juliefoo! :3

From what I've seen here's my thoughts-

1) It gives you a good "beat" on what the going rates are but sometimes it has a bad habit of pulling similar cards that have a drastically different price so I tend to kick any outlier prices and keep median prices or an average if you will give or take a few bucks. For example Ive looked up Darkrai EX FA's and gotten back prices for the LT one so double check the listed price by tapping it to make sure its the same thing. Also note that it takes the average price range off sites like ebay or Amazon and/or will take the lowest Buy it Now.

2) Same as above. Older cards though don't reliably take a snapshot of things like the difference between a 1st ed or a shadowless 1st ed and/or your "outlier prices" may be the 1st ed price. You'll definitely need to look more into it for older cards that had 1st ed iterations.

3) I like it use it all the time to get a general beat during trades where I'm not sure on values and use it as a base line to price my stuff accordingly during trades.

Back