Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Apprentice Pokemon Theme

unknown

-- Mods wasn't sure where to place this --

So, I got tired of the MTG backs of the cards, and started to look some pokemon themes. Well, I didn't find any, so I did the next best thing, I made one. Now I need the Pokegym's apprentice players to see if anyhing else needs to be done. Please give me any suggestions, good or bad. I have yet to release it because I still need to work on the cards themselves. So far I only have the Pokemon card backs, I am still working on the fronts.

Here is the pic

The pic is really big (1280x800) so anybody on 56k may need to wait a little.
Although I have not tested it at any other resolution than my computer's 1280x800, I am pretty sure that it will work on any computer with resolution greater than 800x600. (because the last button ends before the 800th pixel).

Also, I haven't done anything with the alternate mode, and I don't know if I really need to. I havent played anybody, intend to start, but with school and work don't have much time. I figure most of these buttons the pokemon players don't use anyway. If I am wrong then please reply and will fix before release.

The reason why I have yet to release it is because the cards are still of the original creators, and didn't want to release it with his stuff in it.

Last edited:
Yeah I also think white would be better than yellow. Or maybe just a less bright yellow. Also, instead of black, you could try a navy color with the yellow/white.

Yeah I though the yellow was loud too.

Changed the black to a navy blue, and toned down the yellow. Not all the colors are final.

Now about the buttons, Does anybody use them, and if so which ones? Is it safe to take them off, It might look smoother without them? Also any idea for the fronts of the cards. I was thinking about looking for the energy symbols and try using those. or does anybody know were I can find card blanks for the types?

Here is the new screenshot http://mestizo122.jusjiv.com/board/images/appscreenshot2.gif

Last edited:
That looks better. :D Maybe on the left side where your hand is, you could make the font color white or yellow. It's kinda hard to read the black on navy. Also, if you knew how to, it would be great if you could fix the "Card Color" filter on Apprentice, so that all the Pokemon colors are there. Right now psychic and dark Pokemon are the same color. As for the fronts, the energy symbol would be fine or just something like the default chocolate theme front is good.

I am working on it. All the pictures have changed, except a few. I am at work right now, so I probally won't have time to update the theme today until later. The problem is that I don't know how to change the cards, and looking at it there were only eight choices for making your own cards, whereas we have 10(?) types. Steel/metal is the same a colorless, and Dark is the same as psychic. However in making the theme I found there are 5 more pictures that are used for "Lands" in MTG, I will look for a way to implement those in Pokemon, though I doubt I will.

Last edited:
Back