Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

APT's Battle Road Experiences - Updated 6/10

Weekend 1:

Firday 25th: YEAH! After school my friend comes over who's been getting into pokemon. We play some games, and I go crazy making decks and stuff. I have 4 to choose from for the next day, my friend decides on Metanite. So bam.

Saturday 26th: First Battle Road! After seeing what everyones playing I figure might as well play Flygon. So yeah, here we gooo.

Round 1: v. Damen Bircher (my friend) w/ Metanite
ugh r1 I have to play him. =( I just dominate him here, he's just starting out and although he gets the basic strategy of the deck he really doesn't know what to do in matchups and bad situations and stuff. Mew d runs through him, etc. 1-0

Round 2 v. Zane Nelson w/ Infernape/Blaze
Oh yeah. This kid is one of the better 11-14 players in my state (although I disagree with Blaze), I think I have the good matchup here though. I start off good, I remember his start not being too hot but he got back in the game. He lost though when this happened:
I have somewhere around 13 cards if I remember correctly. He has I think 4 cards in hand, Holon Scientist discard a card and draw somewhere around 11... Which happens to be the exact amount of cards left in his deck... Ouch, decked ftl he can't Infernape X right now either. I probably would have had the game as I had Mew* charged and other options. 2-0

Round 3 v. Crystal Bradferd w/ Gatr/Ray/Cloyster
Bleh. She's also one of the better players. The deck is a bit weird though. We both get started up, and I'm planning to take the lead with Flygon ex LM early game going aggro since I have the stuff to do it. But it's prized. Ouchy. So we go back and forth and in the end she Drags Off a Casty ftw. If I ran latias HP like Ross told me to I would have won the next turn or sooner. =( 2-1

Round 4 v. Random Kid w/ Empoleon theme deck
So I just run through him. It was his 1st tourny, and he didn't take too long to play like most kids do when they start out. 3-1

My friend gos 2-2 losing to Zane with Infernape. =( He should have the advantage but he is new so I'm not surprised he didn't pull it off. When I walked past the game he almost had it though since Zane didn't get a hot start and he did, but Zane came back. Not too bad for 1st tournament I guess.

Top 4 looks like:
1st: Matt Sbaa w/ Scizor
2nd: Jeremy Scharff-Kim (Me) w/ Flygon
3rd: Crystal Bradferd w/ Gatr/Ray/Cloyster
4th: Zane Nelson w/ Infernape/Blaze

Top4 v. Crystal Bradferd w/ Gatr/Ray/Cloyster
Time for revengeeeeee. Game1: She gets a crappy start to my good one and I just setup and beat her. I think her Fearow was prized this game too as she never searched it out. 1-0
Game 2: She decides to go 2nd. I have a Mew* start, looks yucky, but she opens with Ray ex and 1 on bench. I can actually aggro her, lol. I have the energy advantage by 1 turn, so I end up killing her first Ray while setting up on bench. Later she kills me with 2nd Ray but I'm setup ftw. 2-0
4-1

1st: Matt Sbaa w/ Scizor v. 4th: Zane Nelson w/ Infernape/Blaze
2nd: Jeremy Scharff-Kim (Me) w/ Flygon v. 3rd: Crystal Bradferd w/ Gatr/Ray/Cloyster

Finals v. Zane Nelson w/ Infernape/Blaze
Game1: So we both get setup, it gos back and forth back and forth. It takes a real long time, about half an hour I think. In the end he has it though and I lose. 0-1
Game2: Aggro Mew* thnx. 1-1
Game3: His bad start v. my good one. I win. 2-1

Hooray! 5-1 and I shuold gain 5 points. Awesome. Hasn't been updated yt (cmon Terry!).
Paul beats Greg in finals with Rhyperior, hooray X-Files FTW!!!!

Props:
Me winning
Paul winning

Slops:
Matt/Micheal not coming
My friend not making top cut, I wanted him to. =(
Levi not coming watsup man. =(

Nighttime: lol so I get back from the tourny and make 2 more decks. My friend decides to play Electinite which is probably a misplay since he is more used to playing Metanite and he should stick to what he knows for sure since he is new. The difference between the decks isn't that big... But he did make some misplays the next tournament. Anyways we go to bed, set my ipod alarm clock and the next morning...

Sunday 27th: I wake up to Linkin Park! Yeah! Eat breakfast go to tournament and bam bam bam I lend 5451465 cards to Paul and Ross. I decide to play Infernape this time.

Round 1: v. Zane Nelson w/ Infernape/Blaziken
Whoah man. His has blaze and mine doesn't. ;p I figure my aggroness can win it out but I get a HORRIBLE start to his good one and simply cant recover. 0-1

Depressing. I never do good at this place. Auburn ftl =(.

Round 2: v. Janice Rhidewood (Greg's mom) w/ Flariados
Lol paired up and she's ranked one of the lowest in the world anyways. ;p Considering the good matchup and she's not that good of a player, I just own. In the end I attach 4 Plus Power and a Strength Charm to KO her Flareon (although I only needed 2 it was fun). 1-1

Round 3: v. Crystal Bradferd w/ Gatr/Ray/Cloyster
Grr, another bad start. I can't recover. Loss. 1-2

Round 4: v. one kid in my age group I can't remember name... w/ Metanite
He gets a bad start and his list isnt too good either. (scrambles eh) I just win. 2-2

Round 5 v. Penny Anderson w/ Shiftry/Absol/Ray
Paired up, sigh. I really am losing it all today. I got a bad start and ran out of draw, but in the end I come back and Delcaty ex Constrain for just enough with 2 Plus Power (there LPS in play and she had Ray active) to do 120 for my last 2 prizes. GG even though I still went 1-2 rating wise. 3-2

My friend went worse though... 1-4 ouch, lol. I'm going to build him an easier deck for next time, t2 or something. Zane v. Matt in finals, Infernape v. Scizor again you know who wins. So anyways, we have to go outside for 15+ finals between Ross and Paul. Ross wins it out with Banette (dear god 0 stage2s?! ROSS?!?!) in the wilderness with the wind blowing!! XF AGAIN!

I lost about 38 points off Sunday (which was updated before Saturday lol). =( I made Infernape more consistant though, the list works a lot better now. I lost about 30 points over the weekend if my (or Gordon's I guess) estimation for Saturday is right. Lame.

Props:
Ross winning in the wilderness good weekend for him 4-0 drop saturday means 9-2 overall
Paul for 2nd, good weekend my friend 11-3 overall
Greg for undefeated swiss both times with horrible decks lol
Zane winning, congrats even though I wish it was me. ;p
THE WILDERNESS

Slops
Me doing horrible, that auburn recreations or whatever building does NOT like me, i always do bad
My friend going 1-4, ouch dude worse than me 1-2

Weekend 2:

Friday 1st: Dundundun I actually decide to play Flygon before hand. I have it all with Mew d and Latias ex d and stuff for Scizor... 5 hours of sleep ftw!

Saturday 2nd: 3rd Battle Road! Wake up Waffles go to tourny. When I get there I find out instead of Scizor it's Feraligatr ex. So I'm like whaaaaa. I freak out but stick with Flygon in the end, but run 3 Rayquaza ex d instead. ;p

Round 1: v. Matt Sbaa w/ Feraligatrex/Absolex/Espeon ex/Mew ex
Big change from Scizor. ;p I start off with Ray ex d and him with totodile. I just aggro and run through all of his stuff. 3 Ray for the win! 1-0

Round 2: v. David Cohen w/ Machamp/Lucario
He didn't get a very good game and didn't draw into much. I got setup though, after he KOd Casty with Machop I got Flygon ex d to run through everything at once. 2-0

Round 3: v. Alex Ball w/ Sallygon
Another bad start my opponent gets. I get Flygon ex d to run through all his stuff and he can't even attack cuz he has nothing. 3-0

Round 4: v. Chiris Choi (right?) w/ Infernablaze
We both get starting setup. I have more resources I think though, and the tech 1-1 Lunasol (does it Ross) wrecked him. ;p No catty OR Blaze! Mew*/Flygon ex LM/Flygon ex d took it all out. 4-0

Finals: v. Matt Sbaa w/ Feraligatrex/Absolex/Espeon ex/Mew ex
Game1: Start off with 2 ray, does it. Aggro just like in swiss ftw. 1-0
Game2: Not as good of a start this time. He gets t2 candy boost but I have Latios ex waiting on the bench and I hit my 3 times with that before retreating to Rayquaza. I get setup with another Rayquaza on bench and a Flygon, and just run through him. 2-0
5-0

Does it! 1st again!

Props:
Me winning
Ross winning
Henry winning
3 Ray
Subway

Slops:
Tyler not making cut
Greg going 0-2 drop
Paul being in Hawaii (=/)

Sunday 3rd: Wake up, bagel time baby. I get to the tourny, and there's only 2 11-14 people. Me and Matt Sbaa. -_- I play Infernape thinking that he's playing Scizor.

Round 1: v. Matt Sbaa w/ Scizor
NO WAY HOW DID I GET PAIRED AGAINST HIM. -____________- Well, this is an extremely bad matchup for him, I start with Skitty so I can setup Infernapes on bench. He gets a slow start and struggles to get energy, but eventually he does and gets 3 Scizor on bench with active Scyther Agiliting. First 2 heads, 3rd one where he KOs skitty tails. By now I have Infernapes, so I KO Scyther. Now it gos like this. Boost 80. Retreat for Infernape KO. Boost 80. Retreat for Infernape KO. Boost 80. KO. rofl, game. 1-0

After that, Matt drops since there's no more points to gain (cmon man u know u want the 4 packs and u still might get 1st!!)

Round 2: v. Ross Cawthon (15+) w/ MegaMetalix
OMG ROSS!!! THE TRUTH IS FRIKKIN OUT THERE! Before the game, we were telling each other what signals we would do if we wanted to concede, or we needed to win. It was pretty hilarious, we were cracking up. ;p Anyways, I start off strong KOing his Casty and other stuff. He gets setup with Meganium d and eventually KOs. I keep up for a little while, but then I run out of draw and he starts taking hte advantage. Groudon was a bit too much for me to keep up with without draw. It gos to time, and if I had a fire energy I would have won with Delcatty ex to KO his groudon and take lead on prizes. I had already retreat for Jirachi though, so I wouldn't have won anyways, unless I played really slowly. But I didn't have the energy. 1-1

After this round, 2 more 11-14 players show up, omg! I might not win!

Round 3: v. Steven Roberto (?) (10-) w/ Lunasol
UGGGHHH it's LUNASOL! This is actually a pretty horrible matchup too. ;p To make it worse, I have a pretty horrible start and he just starts Lunatoning all my stuff. I make it a game and come back KOing his Lunatones and putting him out of attack resources. But I have no energy or anything left, and Cursed Stone is killing my Delcatty. I make it a game and it comes down close, but in the end he wins. 1-2

Omg, I might not win!!!! I convince myself I have to win the next round, another kid is 1-2 also.

Round 4: v. One kid in 10- I forgot w/ Tyranitar ex d
Not much to say. I get setup even tohugh he gets a somehow fast Tyranitar ex d, then he follws up with another one but my Infernape/Infernape X take those 2 down and thaat's game. 2-2

Aaaand... IM FIRST! Hooray. Ross wins it in top2 so 5-0 for him, we each have 3 BR wins. ;D Happy, 6-0 overall for ranking this weekend. I predict about 60 points putting me in around 8th with around 1960. Beaing Matt 3 times rlly helped.

Props:
Winning going 2-2, just hilarious
1-0 ranking point wise
Ross winning for his 3rd time

Slops:
Henry not winning
Kind of a bad lunch time

Weekend 3

Saturday 9th: I decide to play Shiftry for good matchups v. the Infernapes and Flygons. I thought I had a really good metagame choice here. But I was proved a lil bit wrong...

Round 1: v. Chris Choi w/ Infernape
Nice. I start setting up my Shiftrys and my Cursed Stones are only countered once or twice, he doesn't get many Energy Draws in and I setup all his Chimchars/Monfernos/Infernapes for KOs. When I just start 1hKOing all his Infernapes when they come active with Shiftry he can't keep up. 1-0

Round 2: v. Joe, Matt's Friend w/ t2Scizor
I'm like oh dude crap. This kid has a 1500 something rating and he's using Scizor cuz Matt gave it to him. =( I have to sack a ton of Lickitungs, manage to KO 2 Scizors, but the prize advantage he has is too huge. He flips heads on a reversal to KO my damaged Shiftry on bench, although it didn't matter since I couldn't 1hko him with anything that wouldn't get kOd back. 1-1

UGH good bye freaking 28 points. =/

Round 3: v. I forgot the name w/ Rapidash/Random
I start with Seedot v. his Ponyta and I'm like, ohhh noooo. I elm for nuzlead and go shiftry agro on all his pokemon though, then setup on bench. 2-1
^^Above match says he is not 11-14 and he is so that needs to be fixed in ratings

After that match, I watch Zane with his match barely lose to this random kid using Dustox ex/Venasaur. They make a misplay (with Terry sitting there =() thinking Crystal Beach doesn't apply to Venasaur's pokebody but it ignores it. *Sigh* But, even worse, the Dustox kid is 2-1! NO! DUSTOX EX?!?!?!?!?!! ugh. I drop I don't want to lose another 6161 points.

Props:
Paul Winning after coming late with a round1 loss

Slops:
Me doing horrible
Dustox ex
Henry not winning cuz they forgot you can't Candy t1
Nobody noticing Crystal Beach > Venasaur w/ Boost

After that me and Henry go to Paul's house as his house is close to the next tourny and we are like 1 hour+ away. We test, a whole bunch, eat onion chips, and go to bed.

Sunday 10th: Time for revenge, I'm out for blood this time. I decide to go with Shiftry again, only this time with Latios ex and Latias d for Shiftry and Gatrd/Cloysterd deck. Greg also convinces me to use 1 Shiftry ex PK which was sooo the play, thank god.

Round1: v. Joe (Matt's Friend) w/ Scizor
OH MAN! Intense. He's dead. I start off with Latios ex Ice Barriering, he is using Steel Wing. We arn't really getting anywhere, he has a Scizor on bench but only 1 metal. But then, I top deck the multi Energy I need for Shiftry ex, PK THAT IS! YES! I do 30 to active Scizor and 50 to the bench one. He Cross Cuts. Then I do 50 to active and 50 to bench. He Potions the bench one I think, then I go back to Latios after he KOs Shiftry. He makes a mistake forgetting about Ice Barrier, and tries to Cross Cut. Ouch, didn't really matter as I would eventually KO it with Shiftry though. I Ice Barrier for ko. Then he brings up his other one and I retreat for Shiftry ko. After that KO his pinsir and that's game. 1-0

Round2: v. Chris Choi w/ Infernape
Yes! Zane who is next to him and Chris are like, oh man I might win I hae a good matchup. Me and Paul, who was next to me (got paired down to Zane), are all like tsk tsk tsk. It's basicly how any normal matchup gos between it, I just run through everything and Lickitung 1 damage counter on chimchars after lapping up a few times to setup KOs. 2-0

Round3: v. David Cohen w/ Infernablaze
Even better matchup than Infernape. ;p Cursed Stone just runs through everything, and he even plays Budew too so it's even better. Basicly like the above game. 3-0

Round4: v. Matt Sbaa w/ Flygon
Yes! However, I'm kind of worried as he does play 2-2 Eggs, but I figure I can deal with it. When he tapps Paul next to him and shows him his start, I fear he might have like t2 Eggs on me or something. But then I see Matt shake his head, and Pual say "don't worry it's okay" and he flips over mew d. Thank gooddd. I start with Lickitung ftw, and start damaging his mew, then his latios ex d, and other stuff. Eventually I ko the mew, and he Latios 60 KOs hte lickitung. I send up other stuff, and just run through it. He never gets out eggs. 4-0

Finals: v. David Cohen w/ Infernablaze
Game1: Not the greatest start, and I havn't seen this kid play DRE in any of his matches so I go for t2 Nuzleaf 2 dark. Next turn was gonna be Shiftry. But he does have the candy dre infernape and after that I can't do anything. Man, should have just sacked the Seedot and set one up on bench. 0-1
Game2: This time it gos how it's supposed to go, and I just get a repeat of basicly the swiss match. I even get to use PK Shiftry ex to 80-60 his Infernapes, and then attack again (he didn't retreat I think he attacked or something) for the KO on his only Infernapes out. 1-1
Game3: Pretty much the same, I get to Shiftry ex PK KO his two Torchics for game. 2-1
5-0
Sweet! Paul wins again going 6-0, 5-0 rating wise.

Props:
Paul winning
Me winning
Henry winning
^notice how we all came together to the tourny and left together
Shiftry ex PK

Slops:
Nothing really, it was grreat. Oh wait, maybe that Taco Bell place being wayyy too hot.

Now I'm 7th with 1987 which should actually be about 1990 and def in 6th place.

Weekend 4:

Saturday 16th:
I wake up, did some stuff, and then I grabbed 100 sleeves that I had bought the weeekend before just in case I wanted to make some random deck. So anyways, my mom gives me a bagle for the ride and I head out with Henry to the ferry. On the ferry we meet Tyler and Ross and yah nothing rlly happens except I start to make Speed Spread into the sleeves I brought.
When we get to the tournament, I see 2 11-14 kids playing Shiftry (I had won witrh it the weekend before) and I flip through my binder and find HARIYAMA EX. I'm like, oh man that sounds sooo good! So I look around for 4 Makuhita and some Fighting Energy and then I take out the Speed Spread I was building and make a Yamalutions deck on the spot, fill it out, and turn it in. ;D

Round 1: v. Desi Kamm w/ Infernablaze
She gos first with Torchic and me with Makuhita. She gos Fire Super Singe 10 tails. I attach Sand Attack . She does PETM Combusken (Lunge) energy. I'm like NOOOO IF I LOSE MY RANKING = -30!!!!!!! But she flips tails thank GOD. I yama next turn and win t3. 1-0

Round 2: v. idk w/ Torterra theme deck
Yah. I just run through it. 2-0

During lunch I go to red apple and get some macncheese from the deli. Then I find out I forgot to get money from my mom. =( So I have to wait for Henry to come and save me.

Round 3: v. David Cohen w/ Infernablaze
I thought he was playing Shiftry. ='( Whatever, I have a pretty bad stat but he has a fast candy dre one. He just runs through me and I draw into nothing. 2-1

Round 4: v. Chris Choi w/ Infernablaze
I thought he was playing Shiftry too. =( Oh well, I still run through his skitty start with a fast Hariyama. 3-1

Finals: v. David Cohen w/ Inernablaze
Game 1: Ugh, again with a bad start, and AGAIN he gets his fast Infernape to kO. I try to comeback but I can't do much and eventually I lose. 0-1
Game 2: This time he doesn't get that hot of a start, it was slow. But I have my Eevee active to sacrifice in case he gos candy dre again and I setup my Makuhita on bench. He is doing kind of slow, so when I can I just retreat and start Knock Off. I keep him frmo really getting anything, and I have Beach out also for DREs and he doesn't rlly get his Windstorms, I Knock Offed 1 also. 1-1
Game 3: Pretty much same as game 2. I attack with Jolteon early and I have Hariyamas attacking. He does Meteor Punch and whenever he gets multiple heads on one of my Hariyamas I can always SSU (and get heads! altho it didnt rlly matter) and bring another one fresh. 2-1
4-1

Yes! Another win.
Props:
Me winning
Ross winning
Tyler not dropping for once

Slops:
UGH I JUST REMEMBERD I LEFT MY SKATEBOARD AT THETOURNAMENT!@!!! =((((
Henry not winning
Paul getting Empoleond
Me forgetting to get money

Weekend 5:

Saturday 23rd: So Paul, Henry, and Damen all end up sleeping over. So we test a lot. Paul decides on Canada, we hook up Damen with Mewtric and Henry plays Metanite. When I get there I decide to play Shiftry again.

Round 1: v. Crystal Bradferd w/ Gatrd/Rayexd/Cloysterd
She gets a pretty bad start and can't ever really get anything going. I just Licki everything and set up everything for KOs with Shiftry. Sucks she didn't get anything. =( 1-0

Round 2: v. Michelle w/ Blastoise/Charizard
All she ever gets out are Squirtles and Charmanders and a Spearow I think and I just run through everything easily. 2-0

Round 3: v. I forgot his name =( w/ Salamence ex d/Flygon d
He opens with Latios ex d and me with Lickitung d. I have to Delta Mind it as much as I can, he retreats for Casty setup. I just start Delta Mind a bunch while setting up and then when he gets out Salamence ex d Shiftry ex gets an easy KO, Cursed Stone helps also. 3-0

Round 4: v. Chris Choi w/ Infernape
Reason I played Shiftry. :D I just setup all his Chimchars for KOs and wreck him, there isn't much he can do. 4-0

Top4 is:
Chris Choi w/ Infernape v. Idk w/ Hipowthingyandsomethin
Jeremy Scharff-Kim w/ Shiftry v. Iforgot w/ Salamence ex d/Flygon d

Top 4: v. dude w/ Sallyexgon
Game1: Basicly same as the swiss round only this time I start with Seedot but I have t2 shiftry. He gos aggro Latios Ice Barrier, I just force Lickitungs on him and he has trouble. Then basicly I do the same as swiss. 1-0
Game2: He starts with Trapinches and doesn't ever really get anything going while I licki everything 2-0

Chris Choi w/ Infernape
v. Idk w/ Hipowthingyandsomethin
Jeremy Scharff-Kim w/ Shiftry v. Iforgot w/ Salamence ex d/Flygon d

Finals: v. Chris Choi w/ Infernape
Game1: I get no energy for 5+ turns. -_- I struggle and just can't keep up the advantage he gets on me, I just lose and hten find out I had 3 candy prized anyways so I dont think i coulda won anyways. 0-1
Game2: This is a much better game. I get a normal start and mix up some Lap Ups with Delta Minds spread on Chimchars to setup for Shiftry Blade Arm KOs. His Delcattys die after a while and he is left iwth nothing after I kO multiple Infernapes. 1-1
Game3: No energy again. -_- This time it only lasts 3 turns though. And after that I am able to comeback into the game with osme Lap Ups. He plays all 3 of his Delcatty Energy Draw down, and that was a mistake cuz he can't even use all of their powers. For me though, I have cursed stone out and he can't counter it. So slowly the Delcattys are dying. At one point I ko an infernape and cursed stone knocks out his 3 delcatty all at once for 4 prizes in once turn. ;D After that I only have 1 more and I just kO the next thing for game. 2-1
6-0

Yes! Undefeated this should put me in like 4th/5th. Awesomeness.

Props:
Tyler winning for once
Tropius
Getting my skateboard back
6-0
Josh the monster getting 2nd

Slops:
Henry getting unlucky AGAIN and not winning
Greg for ALMOST getting Tyler a game loss.

Battle Road Wins: 6/7

Last edited:
Matt Sbaa Playing Scizor OMG OMG OMG

I have to admit I think I play flygon better then you and I made the deck the morning before the BR and that was my first time ever playing it :tongue:

gj jer!

but why would someone WANT TO START PLAYING POKEMON?!?!??!?!?!?!?! i mean that's like saying "i want to start not having a life." =/

HOLY ********************************************************************
Matt didnt play scizor that is so crazy, the world is going to end

*runs out door*

btw nice job : )

ps whats up with daniel not playing?

Back