Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Aquapolis a/b?

TRJessie579

If this doesn't belong here, mods, feel free to move it. Wasn't sure where else to put it. :/

I was missing most Aquapolis/Skyridge cards, and I just finished a big trade to get a lot of them. To my surprise, Aquapolis cards with the a/b on the numbers (ex: Mr. Mime 95a and Mr. Mime 95b) were EXACTLY the same card! The only difference is the number.

:confused:

Am I missing something? Was there a point to making two of the exact same card in the set? (Excluding holo and rare versions of the same card. >>;; Still don't see a point to that either, though, now that I think about it.)

Lots of Nintendo cards have different 9 digit numbers on the bottom too. I discovered 3 different numbers on the Hidden Legends Cyndaquils alone.

PUI won't reveal with the different codes on EX cards mean, but the A/B cards have different games/features when run through an e-Reader.

Random speculation as to what the EX cards numbers mean: It might be a way for them to track diffrent printers. Or, less likely, they're making a Pokemon TCG Online thing, where you enter in that number to get that card, and each code can only be put in once to the system to get it.

On topic: Jesschow got it right. It was only for the diffrent e-Reader codes on the cards.

Are those strange codes on japanese cards too?

eg this particular Dexoys Crystal Shard has OCK-ED5-SUX printed at the bottom left. Odd that they think shard SUX !

All three different Team AQUA's Kyogres have the same code (Y7K-X5B-H6N) which shoots down any theories that I might have had about the codes being related to location on the metal master used in the printing process.

Last edited:
NoPoke said:
Are those strange codes on japanese cards too?

eg this particular Dexoys Crystal Shard has OCK-ED5-SUX printed at the bottom left. Odd that they think shard SUX !
Good one, NP.

Numbers on Celio's:
QUT-LNG-7H1
QUT-LNG-6AM

I've got 3 of the -7H1 ones, while 11 of the -6AM ones. Wierd. Now for those Cyndaquils...

2 of the 9JX-UHZ-ENP
6 of the 9JX-UHZ-U3Xs
and 16 of the 9JX-UHZ-2B5 ones.

I've gotten 2 EX Battle Stadiums and have gotten the -2B5 ones in both. Anyone have more numbers? Anyone have a different ratio? Maybe the ones rare for me are common for everyone else...

Japanese cards have the 9 digit ID as well, and it's in the same format. The Politoed and Umbreon in my sig have identical 9 digit IDs to the Japanese scans I used. Steelix's scan was too small to read though, so I made it up. As for my Cyndaquil,

2x 9JX-UHZ-2B5
9JX-UHZ-ENP

Ohhh, completely forgot about the e-reader stuff! And when I first got Expedition packs I was SO excited about scanning them... :tongue:

Thanks, everyone!

first of all I wanna point out that for me , the e-set really sucked. I really don't collect them and I never bought even a booster of it. There are some cards worth like S. Whirlwind Charizard but most are just toilet paper (except for the energies and trainers though)

Team_Joe_Captain said:
first of all I wanna point out that for me , the e-set really sucked. I really don't collect them and I never bought even a booster of it. There are some cards worth like S. Whirlwind Charizard but most are just toilet paper (except for the energies and trainers though)
Not true. Lots had wonderful artwork, and the basics that could evolve were'n't bad.

Back