Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Arcanine ex Fire Remedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roderick

I have two questions about Fire Remedy...

Poke-Body: Fire Remedy - Whenever you attatch a (R) Energy form your hand to Arcanine ex,
remove 1 damage counter and all Special Conditions from Arcanine ex.

Question 1: Let's say I have already attatched the energy of the turn and I have already used the
body once. If I were to attatch ANOTHER fire energy form Flygon d's poke-power (assuming I have
Ampharos d in play) do I remove another damage counter?

Question 2: If I have more than 1 Arcanine ex in play and I attatch fire energy to one of them do I
a damage counter for each Arcanine ex I have in play?

Thanks for your help :smile:

Thanks for your questions, Roderick.

The keyword in your first question is "Whenever..." This indicates that whenever you can attach a Fire Energy to Arcanine ex (LM), attaching that energy WILL trigger the Fire Remedy Poke-BODY. So, if you can and do attach another Fire energy in the same turn, you can remove another counter (and any special conditions that might have been applied after the first one, say, via Flareon* Poke-POWER).

Fire Remedy contains what is known in the rulebook as 'self-referencing' text, where that Pokemon's name is used in the card text: "Arcanine ex". When you see such text, the rulebook says to think of it as "this Pokemon". So you are removing damage and special conditions from "this Pokemon", i.e. the one you attached the Fire energy onto... So, no, you don't remove damage counters from other Arcanine ex when you attach an energy to one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back