4 NM
1 Luxury Ball
4 Energy Pickup
4 Pokedex Handy910
2 BTS

12 Energy
10 Fire Energy
2 Rainbow Energy

Strategy: Get Arcanine out as SOON as possible. Then start getting out Cherrim and Bronzong. Attack with Arcanine fast, using Stoke T1, and Flames of Rage T2 Ideally. Bronzong to keep your hand full of energy, Cherrim for an added boost, Claydol should be pretty obvious. Poke-Healer to remove Burn condition and to remove damage (I know that having damage on arcanine is a good thing, but if I can still KO with 1 less damage on me, and they can't next turn because of it, then poke-healer is played.) The rest of the trainer line is fairly obvious. Psychic energy for attacking with Bronzong in DIRE situations. Helps against Machamp a little.

Translations (from pokebeach):

Growlithe LV.26 - Fire - HP70
Basic Pokemon

[C] Stoke: Search your deck for 1 Fire Energy card and attach it to Growlithe. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[R][C][C] Take-Down: 50 damage. Growlithe does 10 damage to itself.

Weakness: Water (+20)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Arcanine from Bonds to the End of Time
Arcanine LV.53 - Fire - HP100
Stage 1 Pokemon - Evolves from Growlithe

Poke-Body: Flare Condition
As long as this Pokemon has any Fire Energy attached to it, this Pokemon has no Weakness.

[R][C] Over Down: 30 damage. You may do an additional 30 damage. If you do, Arcanine is now Burned.
[R][C][C] Flames of Rage: 60 damage. Discard 1 Fire Energy attached to Arcanine and do an additional 10 damage times the number of damage counters on Arcanine.

Weakness: Water (+20)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

The wording on Arcanine's second attack is a little bit weird. Is it: "You may discard an energy in order to do extra damage equal to the damage on arcanine", or is it: "Discard an energy attached to arcanine and do damage equal to the number of damage on arcanine"? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
If you`re going for the BTS than maybe Bronzong, if not I would suggest just running energy restore or energy pick up....

Cuz you might run into problems if you don`t have any means of getting discarded energy back in the longer matches....

..besides that...nice deck..:thumb:

why is bronzong in here? you really don't need it.

i'd say -2-2 Bronzong,-1 NM -2 Psychic, +2 Stark Mountain, +2 Upper Energy, +2 Cynthia's, +1 Uxie

Growlithe can do a 2nd turn 50 dmg, holy smoke Batman.

If I read Arcanine properly, it is very good as well.

I agree with KennethLFW, add one Arcanine from secret wonders in. You can drop it and do an easy 120.

Your SIG is HILARIOUS SuicPika ... ROFL!!

thanks mr. washington.

again i stress that Bronzong isn't needed. i only ever used a 1-1 line in Shaymin, the ONLY deck it should see play in. i have no idea why you need a hand full of energy, you're discarding a single energy, it'd be better suited with Rayquaza and Stark mountain than Bronzong. but that isn't even needed.

-2 Psychic Energy
+2 Rainbow Energy

Rainbow Energy is so good with Arcanine RR. It lets you attack with your techs if you have to and it puts damage on Arcanine which makes Flames of Rage do more damage.

-2-2 Bronzong SF
+1 Uxie LA, +1 Aaron's Collection RR, +2 Broken Time-Space
To me, Arcanine is all about the speed. It can always do a T2 60 with Overdown and most of the time you will be able to use Flames of Rage T2 with the RR Growlithe. Aaron's Collection lets you get 2 energies from your discard pile into your hand.

-4-4 Cherrim SF
+4 Pokedex +4 Energy Pickup OR +3 Energy Pickup +1 Felicity's
Since Arcanine is so fast and it can do 60 T2, I think the Cherrims are overkill and they will make your deck clunky which is something an Arcanine deck should never be. Pokedex lets you go through your deck faster and since you will be discarding a lot with Flames of Rage Energy Pickup is nice. You could combine Energy Pickup with Felicity's to have another way to get that T2 60 if you missed the energy drop on your first turn.

i agree with toxic on all points except for Aaron's Collection, because the card is:
Aaron’s Collection
Supporter

Search your discard pile for up to 2 in any combination of SP-Pokemon and Basic Energy cards, show them to your opponent and put them in your hand.

You can only use a Supporter once during your turn. To use it, put it into play next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.

and since Arcanine isn't an SP pokemon, i prefer NM over it.

i agree with toxic on all points except for Aaron's Collection, because the card is:

and since Arcanine isn't an SP pokemon, i prefer NM over it.
You make a good point. Although that's why I only told him to add one so he can get some energies back for a turn. It's faster than Night Maintenance if you're just trying to get energies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back