Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Archtypes of 2009-2010?

Pablo

Hello everyone, I'm kind of drawing a blank here, since this is the year that I least played Pokemon and only remember going to a States with Jumpluff and getting Top 8, but I can't for the life of me remember what decks did well during this time. This was the year that there was no rotation right?

What decks were the powerhouses back then? Specifically:

What were the archetypes during the CC's era?
What were the archetypes during the States and Regionals era?
What were the archetypes during the Nationals/Worlds era?

Last edited:
Depending on where you want to focus that season: DialgaChomp. LuxChomp. BlazeChomp. CurseGar. Palkia Lock. Jumpluff. Donphan. GlisTomb. GardevoirGallade.

You're right, my question should be formulated differently.

What were the archetypes during the CC's era?
What were the archetypes during the States and Regionals era?
What were the archetypes during the Nationals/Worlds era?

Nats introduces idk
States jumpluff sablock plox
Cities cursegar glisctomb luxchomp
Brs garchomp c variants

Posted with Mobile style...

Lets see if I can remember:
Fall BR: Everyone was hyped from Beedrill and Gyarados' showing at worlds. Flygonlock still had steam from Nats as did Gengar Varients. PalkiaLock was still strong and Dialga G got to shine in DialgaChomp. Proto-Luxchomp was emerging but didnt have DCE yet. BlazeChomp/BlazeRay etc started seeing quite a bit of play as LuxApe disappeared completely. Random Smatterings of other older decks still popped up like GG/Weavile.

CC: Punch and Run decks return! CurseGar and Glistomb were everywhere. Shuppet/HoPE get some new tricks. Most everything from the previous list persisted in some form or another. Charizard had a brief time in the sun, but Gyarados and other things put him back in the binder quickly.

States/Regionals: HGSS is released and LuxChomp secures its title as "The Deck to Beat." Jumpluff replaces the corpse of Beedrill. SableLock goes Mainstream. Donphan exists in places where Gyarados/PalkiaLock aren't rampant.
DialgaChomp is still strong. GardevoirGallade comes back from the grave. Oh and I almost forgot about Gengar C(Gengar SF and Garchomp C). Takes cheap prizes and doesnt afraid of anything.

Spring BRs: No real new decks appear, just new techs to existing things, notably ERL and Judge. Torterra starts to make waves late in the BR cycle right before Nats. Umbreon gets some hype, as does Tyranittar.

Nats: The field is mostly SP Varients(Luxchomp, DialgaChomp, BlazeRay/Chomp), Jumpluff, DonphanERL, Gyarados, Gengar(CurseGar and Gengar C) and GardevoirGallade.

Back