Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

are there any good torkoals out there?

Ninjask_161

i was just wondering if there could be any chance for a torterra/torkoal deck. if anyone has any ideas or suggertions, please feel free to post here or PM me.

dunno, i was just gonna do some kind of turtle theme. i would do the research it myself, but its kind of hard on a PSP.

LA Torkoal might be what you want...

Torkoal LV.32 – Fire – HP80
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Body: White Smoke
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to your Benched Pokemon by your opponent's attacks.

[R][C] Black Soot: 30 damage. Flip a coin, if heads the Defending Pokemon is now Burned and Paralyzed.

Weakness: Water (+20)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

I... Frankly don't see much synergy with the not-too-fragile Torterra, but if it floats your boat... (I guess it's useful for stalling between White Smoke messing up spread cards and Black Soot possibly paralyzing...)

LA Torkoal might be what you want...

Torkoal LV.32 – Fire – HP80
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Body: White Smoke
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to your Benched Pokemon by your opponent's attacks.

[R][C] Black Soot: 30 damage. Flip a coin, if heads the Defending Pokemon is now Burned and Paralyzed.

Weakness: Water (+20)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

I... Frankly don't see much synergy with the not-too-fragile Torterra, but if it floats your boat... (I guess it's useful for stalling between White Smoke messing up spread cards and Black Soot possibly paralyzing...)

Whats this- your not dissing Blastoise are you?? Is Shuckle a turtle?

lolz wow yes it is im not sure on that deck tho so sry but if i can think of something for it ill let you kno in a pm

I'm not looking for only torkoals, just wondering if there were any good ones out there, as I am currently constructing a grass/fire deck, once i get some more cards that is. although Torkoal would diffuse spread decks. I have a thread in the deck help section that shows the current state of the deck if you guys would like to check it out. its currently grass/steel, but i'm hoping to change that asap.

That Torkoal from Legends Awakened is the only one available (well, technically it won't be available until this weekend's prereleases but who cares about technicalities?), and frankly it has little to recommend it. Torterra from DP actually already diffuses spread decks with its healing attack so Torkoal would just be redundant if you were trying to use it for that purpose with Torterra.

Back