Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

are they really doing it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow_master

ok i have noticed with the next few sets...there are no more sp basicaly,
so i am thinking way back when, when gym heros and challange came out, are they really gunna do that again?
haveing a series like that then changeing it?
SP are strong the nwhen people get use to it they Bam Change it the nhave to change alot of decks lol XD

jsut saying looks like the challange sets >_<

Last edited:
well the challenge sets where just for the gym leader and what not and once they had all of there pokes on cards the cant keep making new ones lol so im pretty sure they have covered all the gym leader poke the elite 4 poke cynthias pokes and the frontier brains pokes and have pretty much covered all the galactic poke so i see no reason they should keep making more lol kinda makes sense right i mean delta poke didnt have this kinda stuff like the sp and gym sets lol they could make any poke delta as much as the want lol

I haven't looked at the next few sets extensively, but...

That was my fear when I first got wind of SP Pokemon, was that it would be a useful gimmick for a few sets, but then down the line a lot of people would be left with cards that plain don't work anymore. I didn't play very competitively when any of the other Gym Challenge, Gym Heroes, etc. sets came out, so I can't say what that was like, but I'm hoping that the transition from SP > New gimmick is a smooth one.

Of course, there's always cards that become less playable as new sets come out, but to dump SPs all together would be to make a whole lot of cards literally unplayable.

However, as I said, I don't have extensive knowledge of the next few sets, so I don't want to jump to conclusions about the future of SPs just yet.

uh, lol, gym only lasted like 2 sets, this isn't surprising in the least bit.

SP Pokemon are just another phase like:

Dark Pokemon
Gym Pokemon
EX Pokemon
Star Pokemon
Level X Pokemon

etc.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if during next season they come out with a replacement for Level X.

There are plenty of SP Pokemon in the next set.

The set after that . . . who knows? . . . I've only seen about 6 cards that weren't Arceus, and none of them made me think 'wow, SP will be unplayable when that's released!'

SP will still be solid for a couple formats. Nothing really changes that, they have an amazing engine unlike the Gym cards did.

With some G Pokemon coming out in Advent of Arceus, it looks like they're goign to continue with the SP for a bit, but not focus around it, which is good (I wish RR and the following set were less SP-focused).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back