Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Are tins going to save Mewtwo EX and Darkrai EX from rotation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniormccracken

<b>BR Autumn 11 WWWW Leader</b>
Since Mewtwo EX and Darkrai EX got tinned (BW45 & BW46), if both NDI and DEX get rotated out but the tins came out later, will Darkrai EX and Mewtwo EX still be legal to play after rotation? Tins launched on Sept. 12, 2012 and Dragons Exalted launched August 15, 2012.

TL;DR, will Darkrai EX and Mewtwo EX be legal to play if rotation gets rid of Dark Explorer?

Short answer: It depends

Long answer: When rotating, they announce a promo number that will be the first legal promo. If the number announced is 45 or lower, the promo would be playable. Of course, they might rotate to a set that includes the set versions anyways, you never know.

Aren't promos based on release date of when the last set is current? So since they came out a month after Dragons Exalted, if they don't rotate Dragons Exalted, the tins rotate? I have never seen (I've been playing competitive for 2+ years now) a rotation announcement of specified number (I have seen all the HG promos rotating out).

Older rotations gave a specific promo number. FOr example, the MD-on year had DP promos higher than a certain number (I don't recall which number) legal only.

Aren't promos based on release date of when the last set is current? So since they came out a month after Dragons Exalted, if they don't rotate Dragons Exalted, the tins rotate? I have never seen (I've been playing competitive for 2+ years now) a rotation announcement of specified number (I have seen all the HG promos rotating out).

As Cabd said it depends. The cut off of promos may have a relation to when they are released, but at the end of the day it is determined by promo number, since promos don't have any indicator of when they were released.

I get the feeling this will come down to whether or not they WANT them to remain in-format. Technically Altaria doesn't need to be a "legal promo", it would still be legal as a reprint of the Dragons Exalted one anyway. I could see them rotating out BW50 and earlier to eliminate Tropical Beach, Mewtwo and Darkrai in one go. 50 is also a nice round number. ;p </pointless speculation>

Because it's a combination of hard to obtain and very good, and potentially to make way for a new prize card. The question, really, is if those three are enough of a reason for them to axe past the DRX pre-release promo or not, which is something they probably wouldn't normally wish to do. (Of course, this speculation is based on a DRX-on format.)

I think more people are hoping for a DRX-On Rotation, I myself would like it as well. In a perfect world we should have 11 BW sets in rotation when rotation does become active, which could be the making of a 5 set rotation, each set below DRX has had or will have had 2 + worlds in rotation. Even though Dragons Vault is a mini set, it is a set none the less that has reprinted a few cards used in the format from previous sets. Then you account for X-Y right around the corner and it makes even more sense for a DRX-On Rotation.

Accounting for most of that, is DRX-On what we want? Seems to be.

Is DRX-On what we need? Seeing that the format could be slowed a little and the upcoming of a new era on the horizon, DRX-On has made the most sense.

This is all my own opinion though.

If there is no rotation I'd hope we'd see a rare ban of certain cards like Sableye (for the 2nd time).

If there is no rotation I'd hope we'd see a rare ban of certain cards like Sableye (for the 2nd time).

why Sableye? I see nothing wrong with him in the set. Getting 2 items back is great and all, but not OP when you're almost certain to give up a prize (or 2 with Lugia)

why Sableye? I see nothing wrong with him in the set. Getting 2 items back is great and all, but not OP when you're almost certain to give up a prize (or 2 with Lugia)

Darkrai is BDIF with Sableye and with all the new tools and trainers coming out it'll be insane.

Darkrai is BDIF with Sableye and with all the new tools and trainers coming out it'll be insane.

I wouldn't say BDIF. It's most played due to it being probably the cheapest deck to make other than rayeels, but Garb/eels is eye for eye in the higher Top finishers.

also banning one card just to stop a deck being played? is that what people want now since they can't think of counters to decks?

I wouldn't say BDIF. It's most played due to it being probably the cheapest deck to make other than rayeels, but Garb/eels is eye for eye in the higher Top finishers.

also banning one card just to stop a deck being played? is that what people want now since they can't think of counters to decks?

I got a counter for ya'. Landfill: old Landorus EX Garbodor. Completely obliterates Darkrai on most occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back