Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Arkansas' First State Championships!!

teammoonshadow

Hey players guess what? Arkansas is having its very first State Championship this year!! :biggrin: Come join is in celebration of this awesome Event!!

DATE: Saturday, March 19th
134 Convention Boulevard
Hot Springs, AR
REG & START TIME: Registration Begins @ 9am, Event Starts @ 11am. Be in the deck check line by 10:40am or you will receive a R1 loss.
PREMIER K-VALUE: 32
FORMAT: Modified-Constructed

PRIZES:
First Place:
1st Place Medal
$300 Travel Award to Nats in Indianapolis
1st Round Bye @ Nats
Playmat
36 Boosters

Second Place:
2nd Place Medal
16 Boosters

Third Place:
3rd Place Medal
8 Boosters

Fourth Place:
4th Place Medal
8 Boosters

Fifth - Eighth Places:
4 Boosters

If you are traveling from out of town/state you might want to book a hotel pretty early on. Live horse racing will be going on the same weekend and you might be hard pressed to find some place to stay if you wait too long. If you have not booked a hotel yet, please do so soon!! Many places are full, though there are still rooms left in the hotels in Malvern (about 20 minutes away).

We will have lots of door prizes and special giveaways for those of you who fill out your decklist via SteveP's Decklist Program. :thumb:

Pre-States party information here.

Any questions you may have can be sent to states11[@]organizedplayinar[.]com.

Hope to see you there!!

Jessie/Prof. Neko*
Arkansas' PTO

Last edited:
Yeah...Our high school's band is going to either be in a parade or perform in a concert. They never told us which lol, but this is the day that we leave.

I MAY go to this, depending on other States.

I want to go to 2, prolly OK and either LA or TX. But AR may work too depending on dates.

lol, problem is that Arkansas has to compete w/ TX, LA, AND OK. LA has easy competition, OK is closer, and TX is last resort, but who knows, I might just pop into Arkansas and suprise everyone!

I'll be happy to go to LA and AR to meet some new people though ;)

Last edited:
The date is convienant for me and it's only like 5-6 hours. I might make it down.
Edit. Ugh make that 11-12 hours. Nvm ;D

Last edited:
lol, problem is that Arkansas has to compete w/ TX, LA, AND OK. LA has easy competition, OK is closer, and TX is last resort, but who knows, I might just pop into Arkansas and suprise everyone!

I'll be happy to go to LA and AR to meet some new people though ;)

LA's had the Silvestros, Lambou, and Brent for every. Single. Year. I'd say that isn't necessarily "easy" competition. Arkansas probably won't see much representation from any of those states you list (however, if Oklahoma and Arkansas are on different weekends, then it's possible).

Regardless, I'm happy for you guys. If Oklahoma and Arkansas are on the same weekend, then I might consider the longer drive to try out a never-before played area. (No endorsement, since I 9/10 times make decisions based on ease of travel.)

Well, when a tourney has 12 Seniors, even if it's close to FL and TX...I consider the competition rather easy for Seniors :lol:.

1st? I took part in, what they said,was states there... years ago.

Was that thing not on the up-and-up?

From what Pete has told me, this is the first States for Arkansas. We've never had a PTO until me and as far as I know, there have only been a few Prereleases and maybe a Cities or two back in 2005 or 2006 in Rogers, I think.

It may have been a "proxy" States, kinda like what we did last year for fun. ^^

Ours is the opposite weekend of OK's and Roy (OK's PTO) and Kathy & Mike (MS's PTO) are coming in to help me run it and they're bringing players with them. Same for TN, too. So we might have a variety of players afterall!!

Either way, the more players that can make it, the merrier. :thumb:

Last edited:
Wait, so this is on opposite weekend of OK?

Sweet! That increases my chances of going!

One question; where in Arkansas is this event? Like north, south, etc.?

Back