Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Armaldo Beatdown V3 (Eon) 23/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo

People have got to love armaldo, he is a beast in any format, but the only problem is shiftry, so i came up with this to protect him:

Pokemon: 19

4 Claw Fossil(SS)
3 Anorith(SS)
3 Armaldo(SS)
3 Growlithe(SS)
2 Arcanine(SS)
2 Azurril(SS)
2 Marril(SS)

Trainers: 26

4 Elm
3 Copycat
1 Desert Shaman
2 Oran Berry
1 Nurse
1 Lum Berry
2 Energy Restore
2 Switch
2 Oracle
1 Forest Guardian
2 Lady Outing
1 Warp Point
1 Fisherman
1 Fan Club
1 Dual Ball
1 Town Volunteers

Energy: 15

3 Fire
3 Water
9 Fighting

Strategy, swarm armaldos and arcanine as back up hitter, marril is there for metagame to counter fire, and azurril to search for the claw fossils if needed.

EDIT: Sorry mods for couble posting, I accidentally clicked on POST before finishing to type up the deck.

Last edited:
Ok, after having thought about the deck better, plus knowing that plant wont be very played here since there is too much blaziken around (at least 5 blaziken decks) I decided to take out the arcanine line, and include other better supporting pokes, plus a bit of tech for fire.

Pokemon: 18

4 Claw Fossil
3 Anorith
3 Armaldo
2 Solrock
2 Zangoose
2 Azurril
2 Marril

Trainers: 26

4 Elm
3 Copycat
2 Oracle
2 Oran Berry
1 Lum Berry
2 Wally’s Training.
1 Desert Shaman
1 Nurse
2 Switch
2 Energy Restore
1 Warp Point
1 Forest Guardian
1 Fan Club
1 Dual Ball
1 Fisherman
1 Town Volunteers

Energy: 16

5 Water
11 Fighting

Strategy: Solrock is there, for good card drawing and combo with oracle. Zangoose is a good backup hitter to finish of those pokes armaldo couldn't handle. Azurril is there to search for the claw fossils, or an elm or copycat, and finally marril is there because i can lock fire pokes with his attack which is always good, plus hes good against fire, but I'm leaning more towards AQ Horsea, horsea can attack and retreat, but a free retreating pokemon such as marril in this format is always welcome :). Fixes, comments, will be greatly appreciated.

I don't like singles. You have a lot of Trainer singles. This may be e-on, but one tip I put in my Unlimited tips article definitely applies here: "...if it's worth having in your deck, it's probably worth having 2 or 3 of." So, consolidate your Trainers. Other than that, this should be a good, fun deck.

Well, after thinking about the deck, and reading the post Kyogre posted at the Strategy Forums, I tweaked the deck abit, and now it looks like this:

Pokemon: 17

4 Claw Fossil
3 Anorith
3 Armaldo
2 Solrock
2 Zangoose
3 Pichu

Trainers: 27

4 Elm
3 Copycat
3 Juggler
3 Star Piece
2 Oracle
2 Oran Berry
2 Switch
1 Desert Shaman
1 Lure Ball
1 Warp Point
1 Fan Club
1 Dual Ball
1 Forest Guardian
1 Fisherman
1 Town Volunteers

Energy: 16

4 Lightning
12 Fighting

Strategy: I dropped the marril line ecause i think pichu is much more useful powering up a poke, instead of searching for my fossils. Now with the starpiece and pichu combo, I can start attacking with armaldo and shutting off supporters since tun 2, which should really disrupt the opponent. The only problem i see is that I can't search for my fossils with fan club or dual ball, so it may be a little hard, but jugglers and copycats shoudl help this issue, other than that, i think it is really a solid deck, and could become a Tier 1 Deck, due to its disruption of supporters.

I think HYPER EEVEE was talking to me. As to why I don't like singles, it's because they don't work so well. Having just 1 of a card in a 60-card deck makes it extremely unlikely that the card will show up.

One Sneaky card that works well with Armoldo, Sableye. Especially in a 2-2 match. Lock down their Supporters, make em worthless, then when you need to, look which ones they have and use one of them.

hmm not a bad idea, but if i switch for sableye, and attack, it means that they can use a supporter on their next turn... but i may as well try it.

Yeah, but after you used it first. Like I said, it works a lot better in 2-2 since you can have Armoldo active at the same time.
Another evil addition is Aerodactyl EX. No supprters or tools. and in Eon that leaves a very few select cards that can be usefull to your opponent

Last edited:
you're right spectreon, i didnt read the 2-2 part :p sorry, it is a good strategy, the thing is I'm also locking myself, so it may sometimes be good or sometimes bad, but yeah i may as well try it, sounds like alot of fun :)

I believe you should not do that because it leaves alot of fossils that are easily killed as most of your basics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back