Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Aromatisse + Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunarWolf21

This is my first draft for an Aromatisse deck.

3-2 Aromatisse
2 Xerneas
1 Cobalion
1 Terrakion
1 Mr. Mime
2 Yveltal EX
2 Darkrai EX
1 Sableye
1 Mewtwo EX
1 Virizion EX

4 Juniper / Sycamore
3 N
2 Shauna
4 Skyla
2 Team Flare Grunt

1 Dowsing Machine
3 Max Potion
1 Level Ball
4 Ultra Ball
2 Muscle Band
2 Tool Scrapper
1 Super Rod
1 Enhanced Hammer

4 Rainbow Energy
4 Prism Energy
5 Fairy Energy

60 total

Main strategy is to use Aromatisse to move energy and use Max Potion a lot. You can use almost any basic Pokemon you want with Rainbow + Prism, so I've attempted to fit a big variety. Suggestions for Lightning type basics are appreciated.

I use 2 Shauna and only 3 N because I enjoy the reliability of Shauna, and N is only good early game and late game, so having a draw Supporter for mid game is good. I have 2 Team Flare Grunt as a test because this deck sets up fairly easily, and it seems as though you don't need to use a draw Supporter every turn. It is good to use it when you use Xerneas's Geomancy.

And I have 3 Spritzee (Aromatisse's basic) to help get it out turn 1.

Considering adding a single basic Dark energy and maybe 2 Lasers + 1 Virbank to have a counter stadium and to give Sableye more to Junk Hunt for.

Last edited:
Why no Fairy Garden - to facilitate free retreating your Poké?

Because Darkrai EX along with Aromatisse does the same thing and can't be countered by the opponent's stadium. Plus it's searchable with Ultra Ball and can be reused with Super Rod.

Also Darkrai EX only gives you the free retreat, whereas your opponent could benefit from Fairy Garden if it's a mirror match.

Wouldn't hurt to run 1 fairy garden if you run into garbodor, just 1 if you can fit it

At that point I would rather run 1 more Tool Scrapper to deal with Garbodor directly, since not only does Garbodor stop Darkrai EX, but it also stops Aromatisse too. Getting free retreat from Fairy Garden wouldn't help much without Aromatisse anyway.

I have considered running 1 Fairy Garden simply because Darkrai doesn't work with basic Fairy energies, but I feel like if I were to do that, I'd be better off just using Switch or Escape Rope.

Last edited:
At that point I would rather run 1 more Tool Scrapper to deal with Garbodor directly, since not only does Garbodor stop Darkrai EX, but it also stops Aromatisse too. Getting free retreat from Fairy Garden wouldn't help much without Aromatisse anyway.

I have considered running 1 Fairy Garden simply because Darkrai doesn't work with basic Fairy energies, but I feel like if I were to do that, I'd be better off just using Switch or Escape Rope.

I feel ya, I play Yvelta/Aromatisse but i feel it needs at least one fairy garden thats just me though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back