Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ascension's CC Thread

Ascension

Some of the first 5 tournaments, not including top cut, will only include name, if known, deck, if known, and who won. Bad memory :biggrin:

Woodbridge- Kounting Krows

Round 1- Honchkrow/Skunktank

Almost mirror match. Well, he gets set up faster and takes two prizes to my one. Then, we call for a ruling on whether I shuffle my deck or not when I have no cards in my hand when he uses Dark Wing Flaps. I shuffle and off a TGW win, I draw Honchkrow Lv. X, three PlusPower, and some other cards which is the critical play in this match. From then on, I take 5 prizes in a row for the game.
1-0

Lunch Break: Me and Tanner go to Dairy Queen.

Round 2- Gardevoir/Gallade

I was worried about this deck. I had a chance to win and if my Honchkrow Lv. X hadn't been prized, that would have game, but he goes on to win it. Interesting play by me was after his Scott for three BF and plays one. My turn: I windstorm and then TGW for a cool play.
1-1

Round 3- Empoleon/Lucario

He gets no evolutions and I go 6-0 in prizes against his Piplups and Riolus.
2-1

Round 4- Honchkrow/Shiftry/Shiftry ex

He gets to Shiftry ex off two Quick Balls and beats me. But it was a close one. Good game, Seth!

Rockville- Kounting Krows

Round 1- Nobody

I get a bye.
1-0

Lunch Break: Me and Tanner go to Wendy's, going 4 for 4 in crossing the street and not dying.

Round 2- Banette/Blissey

Melody hadn't done anything Pokemon related since Nats so I got the win with my Honchkrow Lv. X and a key snipe on a Shuppet closed the deal.
2-0

Round 3- Honchkrow/Absol/Aimpobom(sp?)

My twin. Seriously, we looked exactly the same and everybody commented on it. I won after winning 6/7 Team Galactic's Wager . GO RPS SKILLS!!!
3-0

Only 3-0 so I go to T2.

T2- Same as round 3

Game 1: He sets up fast and I got no Honchkrow out.

Game 2: I set up fast and take out his Murkrow and win the game.

Game 3: He has down 2-1 in prizes and had to K.O. two pokes or my Mightyena ex and he can't so I win Cities!

I get 1st, 18 packs, a binder, two pencils, a book, and a medal.

Rockville Booster Draft- (see deck below)

Deck-

Pokemon- (13)
3 Phanpy
3 Donphan
2 Shellos West Sea
2 Gastrodon West Sea
1 Stantler
2 Corsola

Trainers- (12)
1 PlusPower
1 Roseanne's Research
2 Switch
2 Professor Rowan
2 Bebe's Search
2 Professor Oak's Visit
2 Switch

Energy- (15)
13 Fighting Energy
2 Water Energy

Round 1

I win with my Donphan doing 70 per turn.
1-0

Round 1- Kevin

Kevin, the head judge, was my next opponent. It was tied at 1-1 and he had a chance for the win. He evolves Electrivire from Electabuzz. Attaches a second energy, uses Motor Drive, and needs to do three heads to win. Discards all three...heads...heads..........tails! And I win.
2-0

Round 3- Tanner

His grass pokemon and Breloom beat me.
2-1

I take second and three more packs.

So in all, 27 packs. Not bad.

Fairfax- Kounting Krows

I was only able to play two rounds due to a soccer game.

Round 1- Alexander with Electivire

Lightning weakness...:nonono:

0-1

Round 2- ??? with Lucario/???

His Lucario Lv.X took me out.

0-2

Gainsville- Kounting Krows

Round 1- ??? with Ludicolo/???

Horrible setup for him plus T3 Honchkrow Lv. X, I believe, was his downfall.

Round 2- Patrick with Magmortor/Delcatty

2 Magmortor's prized, no hand after T2, discarded his third Magmortor with Absol... I'm sorry, Patrick. You always get bad setup against me.

2-0

Round 3- ??? with ???

This match I remember vaguely, but Honchkrow was the winner for me in this game.

3-0

Round 4- Mason with Electivire/Raichu/Magneton

This was one of my greatest matches. Both players got setup very well, and it was an interesting match all the way to the end. Mason clinched victory in the end. Patrick after the match told me if I had attached Buffer Piece to my benched Honchkrow, it would not have died from Special Circuit which in turn, I could have won. Oh, well...

3-1

I get third and 4 booster packs.

*not yet complete*

Mechanicsville- Sableye/Blissey

Round 1- ??? with T2 Banette

His Cess Crystal stopped my Sableye's Excavation, plus he had resistance to me, but a lucky topdeck boost on the last turn won the game for me.

1-0

Round 2- Chris with Absol/Honchkrow

His Baleful Winds stopped me from setting up and I got murdered.

1-1

Round 3- ??? with ???

My Blissey was out T2 and I quickly took 6 prizes, dealing 170 damage on my last KO.

2-1

*not yet complete ^*

Midlothian- Gardy/Gallade with my secret line *hehehe*

Round 1- Arron with Gardy/Gallade

I flipped 4 prizes or so with my Gallade to knock out his Gallade and all he had was a Ralts with 30 HP left...

1-0

Round 2- Patrick with Magmortor/Blissey

Horrible hand and no supporter except for two the whole game. I got a warning in this one. But I still won.

2-0

Round 3- Mason with Electivire/Raichu/Delcatty

My Gardy Psychic Lock's him from using Motor Drive, Intense Voltage and Power of Evolution:eek: so I take the win.

3-0

Round 4- Nathan with ???

All I saw was one Wurmple. Delcatty ex, Boost, Tail Slap, GG.

4-0

I'm hoping for Arron in top cut because I have a better matchup, but Mason pulls it out for top cut.

Top Cut- same as Round 3

Game 1: We both set up pretty well and I can win if I can get an energy. However, in my hand and in my 6 card deck, there are no energy and I scoop.

Game 2: I need to win to force Sudden Death. He Pulse Barriers the last turn to discard Lake Boundary, when I had one prize left, with Gallade on the bench and time is called. So close!

I get second and 10 packs.

Props:
Coming soon...

Slops:
Coming soon...

Last edited:
Back