Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Asker States (Norway) 2nd place in masters!

ssj goten

I had no idea about what I should use on Asker states but the evening before the tournament I wanted to test Gengar/Crobat G (no other techs just claydol and uxie plus the lv.X) and man, it was AWESOME!! I loved this list so I decided to go for it!

When we arrived I got my trophy from an earliyer states and 16 boosters I pulled Shaymin Lv.X and Giratina Lv.X :biggrin: !!

Swiss rounds: 4.
Topcut: top 2
Divison: masters

Round 1: Thomas (Kingdra/Alakazam)
Gets turn 1 kingdra but no energy so turn 2 I get up Gengar and use Poltergeist, Thomas has 5 trainers on his hand so it was K.O'ed He sends out Uxie, I draw roseanne's get Crobat G and knocks his Uxie out of the game.

1-0

Round 2: Benjamin (Mirror)
He gets faster start than me but in late mid-game I made a comeback with hitting on fainting spell two times in a row and draw a lot of poketurn. My comeback was powerful I manage to win!! GG Benjamin :smile: !

2-0

Round 3: Katharina (Dialga G)
I get a amazing start and she gets many basics, but she can't come up with great damage only knocking one gengar with dialga g lv.x which I knock out with Fainting Spell :biggrin: She scoops in late-game.

3-0

Round 4: Rafael (Mirror)
Amazing game! We both get excellent set-up and make no misplays and fight us down to one prize each, but he always had just a bit better set-up than me, he shadow rooms my claydol, I do not get any Unown G in my next turn so I scoop when I knew he was going to snipe it. GG anyway!

3-1

I was quite nervous about not making top cut since two other persons had 3-1 in record to! FINALLY came the standings and I was number 2!!! But I had to face Rafael.. Agian :frown:

It's always great fun playing with Rafael, funny guy and a great player, but this I really had to focus couse I had never met him in a final before:

Round 1: He gets an awful start and get an OK start I take the lead early in the game, but he makes a great Comeback with just swarming his gengars and his Giratina Lv.X(??) I have two lonely Gengars, one claydol, one uxie and a Crobat G in play but he manages to knock out all my ghosts, what a shame!
0-1

Round 2 : I get the most horrible start ever, baltoy with miasma valley, BTS, NM, Psychic Energy, Psychic energy and psychic energy, he gets a Turn 2 Gengar and knocks my poor baltoy out of the game, what a awful end of a great tournament :nonono: but anyway I got 2nd place !! :biggrin:

Final result: 3-2

Props:
2nd place (first year in masters)
Great games except the very last one.
Gengar
Fainting Spell
Pulling 2 lv.x's in 16 boosters
Finnaly reciving my booster box for beeing judge in Oslo States
My friend Knut Are in senior taking 2nd place ! :smile:
My friend Ferdinand playing great and gets a good comeback! keep going ferdinand!

Slops:
Baltoy
loosing to rafael twice

~ ssj goten

Last edited:
Back