Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

assembling a list of misprints made by nintendo

REborn

well, I've had a 2 year break in my pokemon collection, but recently I figured I had to continue.. so now I'm building a web site with checklists that can help me watch my progress and such. can anyone help me to assemble a list of misprints made by nintendo? and with "misprints" I mean cards that exists both as "misprint" and "non-misprint" versions, i.e. if ALL ruby&sapphire slakoth says "Slack Off" (last f isn't bold), then it's not to be counted as a misprint.

i've been searching through the internet for a list of misprints, but those i've found seems not to distinguish between those where every copy of a card has a "misprint", or those "real misprints", which exists both as misprint and corrected.. so after viewing others lists, I have a few questions:

I have 2 different Marill from EX Sandstorm, one is free retreat, one is not (I know they have different XXX-YYY-ZZZ-code). The free retreat one is as far I know "misprint". Is both versions availible as reverse holo, too?

my reverse holo #63 magnemite from ex dragon has the outline of a resistance-icon which isn't holo. does there exists reverse holo #63 magnemites from ex dragon which is totally reverse holo? or does all have that little non-reverse holo spot?

does all #45 slakoths in ruby&sapphire say "Slack Off" (last f isn't bold), or does some say "Slack Off"? how about reverse holos on this one?

can anyone confirm that for Absol (card #96/95) in ex team magma vs team aqua, there exists to versions, one with "weakness resistance retreat cost" written in white, and another with it written in black?

on ex dragon #25 combusken, does some say "Stage 2" instead of "Stage 1"? and what about reverse holos?

on gastly #63 in firered/leafgreen, I have it as "normal" with an "uncommon-symbol", and as a reverse holo with common-symbol. does the opposite exist ("normal" with common-symbol, "reverse holo" with uncommon-symbol)?

and is there some misprints I've missed?

Last edited:
Have you check out our "Museum"?
http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.php?c=25

I believe we note if it occurs on all copies or not.

What you are looking for are "collectible errors"
They are all errors, even if every card has it.

I can confirm the Combusken error. As noted in our Museum, it came from a specific deck set.

thanks! yeah, that did the trick, at least it were noted if it were on all or on some.. :)

I collect them all, but when all are errors (like the Dark Arbok 1999-23000 and Dark Exeggcutor), I have them in the respective collections. as for the combusken, if multiple cards are reprinted without the barcode, then I know I have to buy that deck and collect them all without barcodes.. :p

but what do you think of what you see here:
http://bayimg.com/nagNJAaBP

they're all groudon ex, promo #002. the first is non-holo and has barcode and ID: Z-38-#. the second is holo and doesn't have barcode / ID. the third is non-holo, and is missing barcode and ID
I'd considered the third as a misprint; holo-design printed as non-holo.

Varient is not the same as misprint.
I haven't seen that before. It is news to me.
I'm wondering where it's from.
How did you come by it?

There are other cards that were reprinted in special sets that didn't get the bar coding when they were reprinted.
That is not an error. They did it on purpose.
I'm wondering if this was printed for european release or something like that.

i have groudon ex promo nr. 002 non holo, with out the barcode and JYG-P58-44X on it, id Z-38-#

Last edited:
I'm not totally sure where it came from, but it must have been some kind of promotion. It could have been in one issue of the norwegian comic "Donald Duck" during spring 2005. I still have one set (001 kyogre ex and 002 groudon ex) sealed in original wrapper (one card in each wrapper)..

REborn: Ah. Interesting. What country are you from?

neo phyte: Do you know where it came from? That is the important question and helps frame what it's value should be.

I'm from Norway, so getting that norwegian comic wasn't difficult.. Maybe it were inserted in comics all over Europe, and that neo phyte also is european?

yeah, im from europe, belgium. i got the card from inquest magazine. thats the mag with all card values from magic, pokemon, dbz, etc.

Back