Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ATJdragon's 1st Place Vancouver Battle Road Report

ATJdragon

Battle Road Vancouver, 5/21/2011

Pre-tournament: Very simply, I want the HGSS-on rotation for Nationals. That means Sabledonk needs to win during battle road in order for that to happen. Thus, I decided to run Sabledonk with no hesitation. The only challenge was gettin 3 more Victory Medals since i only had one, but my good buddy Bidier lent me 3 of his.

Unlike most other decks, I run 1 Unown Dark and 1 Pokemon Collector for Spiritomb. The deck can donk easily even with a few dead cards, thats what Junk Arm is for. Hopefully my decisions pay off.

Round 1 vs Sam's Emboar/Forrestress/Spiritomb

He opens Spiritomb and I open Sableye. Normally, id be in trouble but i opened pokemon collector, special dark, and uxie. i collectord for unown r, crobat and crobat. attached special dark, flash bite KO'd the spiritomb with overconfident. He has 2 basics left in play and essentially passes. next turn, i quickly seeker and ko for game.

1-0.
He was extremely upset that I had Pokemon Collector. After his loss, he screamed 'WHO RUNS COLLECTOR IN THEIR SABLEDONK?!?!?!'. i wish someone had a video of it, it was hilarious lol.

Round 2 vs Dana's Emboar/Forretress/Spiritomb

He opens Tepig, Unown Q, and some other 50/60 hp thing as active and I open Sableye. I proceed to donk.

2-0.

Round 3 vs Charlie's Emboar/Reshiram/Spiritomb

He opens Spiritomb and I open Sableye. I impersonate looking for my one collector, prized. wow. he darkness graces for tepig's evolved form, attaches fire to his reshiram. uh oh. i use one unown r and draw victory medal. i use my other unown r and get...special dark!!! WOW. i attach special dark, bench another sableye in case he is able to ko my active spiritomb and i overconfident for ko.

he simply attaches another energy to reshiram and evolves to emboar. he has reshiram with 2 energies and an emboar on bench. he uses outrage for 20 on my sableye. i have a chance, wow.

essentially, i got my seeker and was able to put enough damage counters on reshiram. i scoop up'd my actiev sableye and attached everything to my other sableye since the original sableye took 20 damage. wow.

3-0.
I won again despite spiritomb start. wow.

Round 4 vs Garik's Gyarados w/ lots of donk cards

He wins dice roll. We both open Sableye. he has luxury ball and expert belt. he searches for unown dark and donks me

3-1.
It's only top 2 cut =(. However, my resistance is being held up by 3 2-1s and garik who just beat me at 4-0. im confident i will make it in as seed #2.

Standings after Swiss
1. Garik w/ Gyarados + donk
2. Julian w/ Sabledonk (75% resistance lol)
3. Sam w/ Emboar/Forretress/Spiritomb
4. Dana w/ Emboar/Forretress/Spiritomb

LOL i played everyone in the t4 in swiss. I get my rematch vs Garik.

Top 2: vs Garik's Gyarados w/ lots of donk cards

1: I win the dice roll and donk him very easily since he only had one basic.
2: We both open Sableye but he chooses to go first. I have sableye and benched an uxie just in case he can donk me. He cant donk, but has magikarp, unown dark, regice on bench with sableye active. despite many tails and seeker prized, i managed to flash bite his karp and unown dark, seeker his regice, and ko his active spiritomb.

4-1. 1st Place

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. HGSS-ON ROTATION HERE WE COME!!!!!!

Props:
-Bidier
-Bidier's Victory Medals
-Winning the dice roll in the rematch
-shortest battle road in a lon time
-my bandwagon fans
-sam's rage quit

Slops:
-Bad format right now

Last edited:
Back