Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ATM Rock & Desert Ruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garuda

Hello!

I have two questions regarding issues with decisions made by judges in some tournaments here.

The first one is about Desert Ruins. When the judge decided that there was the absolute end of the match, there was no "between turns" step, so the Desert Ruins damage wasn´t triggered, right? But the judge ruled that the damage was applyed in a step that didn´t even existed :confused:

Second question is about ATM Rock: In the card is cleared specified that the card must be discarded at the end of the turn in that was attached to a pokémon. What about if I flip for confusion check and fails? The card should be discarded right? But the judge just ruled that the attack didn´t happened so the atm rock should still be attached :confused: :confused:

I know these questions seem very easily but I need an official clarification or won´t have a way to proof my points (not even showing compendium solved this :frown: )

Thanks in advice.

Desert Ruins - This card clearly states "At any time between turns...", which means that the Damage Counter is placed after a player's turn ends. When time is called, the game is over as soon as the current player finishes their turn. No between turns = no Damage from Desert Ruins. The only time the Desert Ruins Damage Counter should be placed, when time is called, is the rare instance when a player has finished their turn and the next player has not started their turn (a turn starts when a card is drawn). In that rare instance, all between turns actions are completed and the game is over.

ATM Rock - Again, the wording on the card is clear, "At the end of your turn, discard ATM Rock." There is absolutely no mention of Attack in that sentence, and the Attack, or lack thereof plays absolutely no part in whether the card is discarded. Turn over = Discard ATM Rock!

It appears that the Judge may have called these incorrectly, but right or wrong, the Judges call stands. I hope you can help the Judge learn from these incorrect calls so they do better next time. All Judges make a bad call occasionally. The good Judges learn from those and improve their skills.

BDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back