Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Attack/ability/energy: skyscraper/DTE/trick wind questions

DennisC

Consolidating the questions to prevent spamming;

1. (Attack/ability) g-max spiral vs. Skyscraper: If I use RS inteleon vmax (FS079), equipped with 1 rapid strike energy, G-max spiral attack on a duralodon vmax, and I return the rapid strike energy to my hand, does the attack damage duralodon through the skyscraper ability? Or does the ability already stop the damage from going through?

2. (Attack/energy) double turbo energy: if I use a pokemon attack that returns/discards an energy (such as the upcoming lilligant vstar's attack, or ice rider calyrex vmax's max lance), does the -20 damage from the DTE still apply?

3. (Attack) trick wind: if my opponent attack with his/her whimsicott vstars trick wind attack, is there any way to remove the attacks ability preventing me from playing special energy/tool cards from my hand on my next turn?

1. Even though you choose it first, the Energy doesn't get discarded until after the damage is done, so Skyscraper would block the damage from being done..

2. We can't rule on cards that aren't out yet, but for Ice Rider Calyrex, Yes, for the same reason.
There are very few attacks that discard the energy before the attack is done.

3. We don't give advice is this forum, but off hand I can't think of any

Back