Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

AudiDoll

AudibleMol

AudiDoll
by Molly (AudibleMol)
(please feel free to critique~)

We've all had trouble speaking before, and for some of us it gets even worse if we're stressed, excited or anxious and I imagine that makes battling a bit difficult.
Audrey stammers, and it gets almost unbearable when she is nervous. Because she feared owning a Pokémon would mean increas in stressful situations, she is fourteen before she even meets her new partner, an Audino.
And how could she resist such a face? She couldn't.
Her new best friend, Doll, is the perfect way for her to cure her lack of courage and heal a paralysed self-esteem.

Contents:
1. F-Finally, a new friend!
2. You can’t even give her instruction!
3. Doll will understand.
4. Secret language?

1.​

Audrey was a very small girl, short legs and small hands, but she had a big heart and frowned to see the poor
Audino lying limp on the ground in front of her feet. It had a bad burn on one side, and her brother was laughing and congratulating his Blaziken on another “great hit”

Maria shoved her way past Audrey, followed by her Zangoose. “Way to go, Blake, you beat an Audino. Do you feel like a big boy now?”

Maria had a long running competition of might with Blake, who usually won. The two rival siblings took no notice when Audrey kneeled by the injured Pokémon.

“Please note that I’ve beaten your Zangoose already.”

“And I’ve beaten your Blaziken!”

As Maria turned, her eyes fell on her older sister, who kneeled beside the burned Audino with her hands hovering over the burn.

“Audrey, do you want a PokéBall to catch it with?”

Audrey looked up with surprise; she had never owned a Pokémon and she hadn’t ever wanted one until now, when she had the poor thing’s head laying in her lap. She nodded, deft.

Her sister, though rough around the edges, showed care enough to get Audrey a “heal ball” for the Audino she’d started calling “Doll” and not saying much when she decided to simply catch it from her kneeled position.

The walk back into town was uneventful, in every meaning of the word, and Audrey couldn’t take her eyes off the smooth ball in her hand. Her heart was pounding at the prospect of adventure. The beat was so loud that the sound even filtered over the noise of her arguing siblings.

Once checked up on in the PokéCenter, Doll was free to walk – or waddle – wherever she pleased. Her bandages were a bit debilitating, but the cheerful little Audino still bounced about with a zeal any Totodile would respect and admire.

“Thank, thank, thank you Nurse Joy.” Audrey stammered, glancing cautiously at Doll.

“It was my pleasure,” Said Nurse Joy.

Doll stumbled and grabbed a hold of Audrey’s leg for support. “Audii-no?”

Audrey hurriedly snatched Doll up and left the PokéCenter.

~*~​

Audrey’s mother sat waiting near the door and as soon as Audrey walked in she enveloped her in a warm hug.

“Oh Audrey, you have your very own Pokémon!” She stepped back to look her daughter over. “You can safely assume Papa and I had hoped that you’d find your match in Unova. Maria found her Zangoose when we were just moving from Hoenn, and your brother has been raising Blaziken since he was just a Torchic.”

Audrey laughed and nodded, “This is an A-Audino, a very kind healing P-Pokémon that I n-named D-Doll.”
Doll nodded, absently tugging at her bandages.

“All the n-nurses here have A-Audinos and I w-was told they’re v-very sweet.” She was hardly able to push her words out; she was so excited.

That evening, dinner didn’t seem to come fast enough and even then, sundown couldn’t make its way any quicker and finally Audrey lay in her bed, PokéBall gripped firmly in her hand as she stared at the ceiling.

“Tomorrow… I start my adventure…” The very aspect sent shivers down her spine. It made her nervous, and she knew she’d be almost unable to speak tomorrow. For the first time in a long time, Audrey wasn’t entirely scared away.

Back