Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

August Community Update

Pablo

portal get compiled by the moderators. These reports get passed to the QA team for verification and entered into the bug-tracking system, prioritized by severity. This system helps the developers prioritize their resources for future game updates. As you can see, the community plays a huge role in fixing bugs in the game!

We’re planning to roll out a series of patches between now and the next major game build. These patches will address the card exploits, game bugs and missing theme decks that have been reported. We’ll also be making minor tweaks to game logic to make for a smoother play experience. As each patch is deployed, the moderators will be updating the Known Card Bugs and Known Game Bugs posts, removing items that were fixed and adding new items as they’re verified by QA. Please make sure you check these two posts before submitting a bug report, as it’s possible that we’re already aware of the issue.

The next couple of months should see the return of the Trading and Avatar Creator portions of the game for the public and internal QA work beginning on release candidates for the Mac client. As these major features near completion, we’ll begin work on some exciting new features like tournaments and the leveling system. Keep your eyes on the forums for more news on these features as they near release!

Thanks for your continued support!

Prof_Mathis

Looks to me like they're on the right track. All the bugs right now IMO are certainly manageable and don't deter the experience, at least not for me. I'm just surprised there was no mention of a format rotation happening within the program itself.

Now if only we could get community updates like these for the P!P side of things...

Put Mike back on P!P! He's really, really good at what he does!

But I'm glad that he's taken over TCGO. They've done some really good things with the program from what I've seen, and they've said all of the right things at almost the right time. Looks like TCGO might actually have a future, and I for one am glad.

As far as the "next major release", I hope they don't get around to that until they've got all of the gameplay stuff taken care of. I want my games to have the correct rulings 100% before anything else is added in.

Back