Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

August Community Update

ticka222

Greetings, Trainers!

August has seen two scheduled game updates. The first occurred on the 14th and added Black & White—Plasma Blast expansion. Today’s update doesn’t contain much in the way of new content, but it is an important one nonetheless.

The Pokémon Organized Play team rotates the oldest sets out of the Modified format on an annual basis. This help keep the format fresh for veteran players and makes it easier for new players to get into the game. This change took place for real-world events yesterday, and will be implemented in the game with today’s update. For more information on the changes to the Modified format, check out the original announcement here.

The 2013 Pokémon World Championships took place a couple weeks back and featured some truly amazing game play. I witnessed truly elite players from around the world battle for the title of Pokémon World Champion, capped off by the crowning of the first ever 3-time Pokémon TCG World Champion, Jason Klaczynski! We wanted to bring some of the excitement of the Pokémon World Championships into the game, so competitors, staff and volunteers from this year’s event will begin receiving codes next week for cool commemorative Worlds items. In addition to granting 4 copies of the new Champions Festival card, each code will also give a commemorative coin, deckbox and set of sleeves. Here’s a quick sneak peek at what these items look like in the game:

http://media.pokemontcg.com/public/photos/5517/Worlds_items.jpg

If you didn’t get a chance to participate in the event, don’t worry! Everything unlocked by these codes is tradable, and we’ve been discussing options for a wider distribution of these items in the future.

This update also contains a number of bug fixes for high priority issues identified by the community, such as Mew-EX’s Versatile Ability not functioning, Trubbish’s Tool Drop attack not calculating damage properly when multiple Pokémon Tool cards are attached to the Defending Pokémon, and Darkrai-EX’s Dark Cloak Ability negating other Abilities. We’re also instituting some better backend tracking on things like trading and chat to provide better insight into some of the recurring bugs that we’ve had a hard time chasing down.

In addition to the items above, the team moved the game to a significantly larger server today. This is another step in the process of optimizing the game to reduce lag and create better game stability. We’ve got more optimizations planned over the next few month, including a major overhaul to how cards are rendered in the game. As these changes roll out, you should notice an improvement in game response times and a reduction in game crashes.

There is a minor game update planned for the middle of September to accommodate the release of some older Black & White series expansions in foreign markets. No new features are planned for that update, though there will be the usual bug fixes.

The development team has projected that the light workload required for the September build will allow them to allocate the majority of their resources to work on the Tournaments section of the game. We’ve got this functionality penciled in for the early October game update. This release will also incorporate more New User Experience items and further revisions to the game’s UI.

Well, that wraps up all the news I’ve got for this month. Thanks for stopping by and, as always, thank you for your continued support!

source:
http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?37295-August-Community-Update

bonus aka patch notes

General: Various fixes to card bugs and game bugs.

General: The annual Modified format rotation has been applied to the game. The updated Modified format permits players to build decks containing cards from the Black & White—Next Destinies expansion onward, and Black Star Promos BW33 and higher. Cards from older expansions that have a Modified-legal reprint can still be used in the Modified format.

General: Booster packs from the Black & White, Black & White—Emerging Powers, and Black & White—Noble Victories expansions have been removed from the list of items available in exchange for Trainer Tokens in the Shop, as well as in-game rewards, such as the Daily Login bonus and the Trainer Challenge.

General: Commemorative items from the 2013 Pokémon World Championships now appear in the game. Competitors and event staff will begin receiving special codes in the coming weeks that will unlock these items.

General: The game’s patcher now provides additional information about the progress of the update.

source:
http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?37296-1-12-31-Patch-Notes-August-29-2013

Haven't logged on in a while, but did they fix the annoying issue with it resetting after a match? I play a match, and then get thrown to the home screen. If that's not bad enough, I have to reselect MODIFIED and then EXPERT, THEN search for a new match. Seems that new UI update was all gloss and no substance.

BTW don't suppose it automatically flags which cards in your decks that might not be legal anymore?
Saying "hey, you might want to take this out" (or automatically doing so)?

Haven't logged on in a while, but did they fix the annoying issue with it resetting after a match? I play a match, and then get thrown to the home screen. If that's not bad enough, I have to reselect MODIFIED and then EXPERT, THEN search for a new match. Seems that new UI update was all gloss and no substance.

Mine is stuck on Expert now, but I still have to select Modified and my deck after each match. The game runs slightly smoother though as the update says- not as many "Program is unresponsive" notifications between actions.

Back