Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Aussie Nationals thoughts...

LionheartEX

Ok Ok... where to begin.

Before people start getting home and posting, I want to point a few things out.

Nidoqueen vs Poison
A wrong ruling was made. It happens. People get these things wrong sometimes. Judging cannot be perfect everywhere. After being called over after a round I gave my opinion, which was ruled as correct. We fixed the mistake for day 2.

Top Cut- Masters
We started with 31 players with 1 or 2 late entrants. Because the player number went up, EVERYONE assumed it would move to top 8. TOM did not agree- even if the 2 players did not drop, it would have remained Top 4. I was one of the players to be removed from top cut... I was 5th. Sure I was cut up, But I don't blame anyone. It was hard for Vickey to inform everyone about it.

The colorful language used to describe the judges after these 2 events was shocking. I am debating lodging complaints to POP. It was completely uncalled for, and I never knew that people could be so horrible over 2 small issues.

Outside of that....

The event was really well ran. I had fun. Going 4-1 and not making 4th place due to having a bye in round 1 *shakes fist at Cam for making me more nervous* 5th is still decent. I have made top 8 every year still.

The Victorians had a full on weekend. Half of us were sick... everyone heard me making announcements on Day 2 lol... I sounded more like a dying pup.

No offense to the Tassies... but I don't want Nats there again Lol. EVERYTHING WAS CLOSED SO EARLY... it was like... where do we go for food that isn't so expensive?

I enjoyed myself... I'm a little blank and devoid of all feeling right now... I haven't slept since showing up for top cut and I have had a full on 36 hours.

31 players isn't a nice tournament. It is always better to have attendance at or just above a power of two than just below.

First round byes are good for the receiving player. That bye hurts each of your opponents tie breakers and does not hurt yours. A normal 3-1 player (WWWL) is a 75% win% for each of their opponents , whereas you, with your first round bye, (BWWL) only credits each of your opponents with a lesser 67%

Did any of your opponents drop?

Last edited:
31 players isn't a nice tournament. It is always better to have attendance at or just above a power of two than just below.

First round byes are good for the receiving player. That bye hurts each of your opponents tie breakers and does not hurt yours. A normal 3-1 player (WWWL) is a 75% win% for each of their opponents , whereas you, with your first round bye, (BWWL) only credits each of your opponents with a lesser 67%

Did any of your opponents drop?

No I don't think so.

It depends. I went on to loose second round so the pressure was on thereafter. having the bye doesn't help that.

5th was close though so I'm not too fussed.

Mikkel: I might be coming. I want to try grinding in but I have to see if I can afford it first.

hehe Marcus, Ill be grinding in if I dont get my invite passed down to me on ratings... :p

Back