2. Stuart M w/ Mightyena/Skuntank
3. Liam C w/ Gardevoir/Gallade
4. Roland A w/ Kingdra

Masters
1. Sam Hendle w/ Luxray/Gallade 4
2. Daniel Engeler w/ Gliscor
3. Jared Ivory w/ Dusknoir/Gliscor
4. Harry w/ Tyranitar

I went 2-2 drop. Losing game 3 to a bad ruling regarding Nidoqueen and Poison. Game 4 I played my brother and scooped.

Jason went 2-3 lol ..

Horrible nats tho, bad judging, mediocre decks etc. I got robbed of 2 trips because I wouldve won had I got the ruling ruled in my favour. (was using Gengar)
However in the masters division, it was cool. Sam and Daniels rouges were very cool to watch and they deserved being in the t2 (they finished 1st and 2nd in swiss as well)
This Sam's 3rd nationals win, and hes only lost 2 games so far at his 4 nationals, great effort. I think this is Daniel's first year as well.
Congrats to all the winners.

What do you mean about two rogue decks in the finals - was it Luxray LA and Gallade 4? :eek:

luxray 4 and gallade 4.
luxray for the kingdra matchup/ finisher, bring up claydol while u spread with gallade.

Another issue that occured:
In the Master division it was announced that it would be top 8 cut. (33 players)
So everyone that made the top cut tested hard the night before.
When they got to the venue for day 2, they are told that the top 8 cut has been reduced to a top 4 because of 2 players dropping (making it 31 players and not enough for a top 4 cut) i found this unfair for the people that tested their matchups the night before and yeah ...
the other decks that wouldve been in the top 8:
5. Eeveelutions
6. Kingdra
7. Dialga G w/ techs
8. Plox

so had it been a top 8, every single deck in it would have been different :D

They announce top8 so people think they can win the trip and then they say the day after it's a top4 so people come and they are told that their tournament is over ? FUNNY :D

Another issue that occured:
In the Master division it was announced that it would be top 8 cut. (33 players)
So everyone that made the top cut tested hard the night before.
When they got to the venue for day 2, they are told that the top 8 cut has been reduced to a top 4 because of 2 players dropping (making it 31 players and not enough for a top 4 cut) i found this unfair for the people that tested their matchups the night before and yeah ...
It's not just unfair, it's completely wrong.
The top cut is determined when the tournament starts. It doesn't change when players drop or when new players register later. TOM wouldn't even allow this change, if the TO chooses to have top 8 at the start. Sad to hear that severe organisation errors happen even at Nationals. =(

It isn't very funny, actually it's quite unfair. I mean, they were told that they were making the cut, and then denied of it. I would be pretty disappointed if that were to happen to me. Nevertheless, it's over and good job to everyone.

sam ilu aussie national champion. we're taking san diego now lols. =D

It isn't very funny, actually it's quite unfair.

Sorry if you didn't understand that I was ironical. I think it is totally silly and unfair and it's not what the rules say... So I just don't understand and I'm sad for the 2 players that couldn't play their top, I just imagine it happened to me...

OMG SAM I LOVE YOU SO MUCH (YES, I'M NOT GONNA SHORTEN IT :D). GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGGOGO FORMER TBA! LOL111!!!!!:D

To everyone regarding rulings and stuff: this is CLASSIC Australia. Don't act surprised.

Aaron who ruled against you? PM me on gametown if you prefer. Just curious. If it's anyone from Sydney, I'll be spamming their email box with images of gold berries.

But yeah, Luxray SP/Gallade 4 is very good and I'm not surprised Sam decided to run it and its paid dividends for him here.

Last edited:
I think they were suppose to fix that in the software. I would of expected that if you have 33 even if 2 players drop that it should be a T8 because of what you started with.

Drew

Yes I dont get that either... to have people go 4-1 and NOT make top cut is ridiculous. For sure I'll be having words with people. Polite words of course... :p

i remember something similar happening with the op manager last year. i still would have liked to make it down there though but it may be brsibane next year yay.

*ahem*

i did end up 2-3

played Dusknoir, 2 others ran the same list.

I lost to 2 Tyranitars and a Dialga.
And my only wins was against newcomers.

There goes my invite.

Anyways, my only way of me getting into worlds is LCQ.

So yeah, cya at Worlds if I feel like forking out $1k to go to LCQ.

What happened to Marcus?

Went 4-1, came 5th. I was really upset when I found out that it would be top 4. I'm not mad at anyone though. It happens, and I completely understand. Round 1 I copped the bye, so that cost me top 4. I was playing Eeveelutions. Undevelop + BTS and Leafeon + Dawn Stadium <3333333

To say the judging was bad on one ruling is being a bad sport. I thought the judging was superb. It was a rule that they didn't know- and to tell them to come up to me mid match and get my opinion is lame as well... I was mid game and they were right not to inturrupt me for YOUR game.

Not every event is perfect. This Nationals has been one of the smoothest nationals ever.

The top cut this year- we had a late entry or 2, making 31 go to 33... we all thought it would be Top 8... TOM didn't agree, and it was top 4- we weren't aware of that.

Some of the colorful language used to describe the HJ by people was sickening. You people need to quit the game and go play Yu-Gi-Oh. Bad sports like that should not be playing.

Went 4-1, came 5th. I was really upset when I found out that it would be top 4. I'm not mad at anyone though. It happens, and I completely understand. Round 1 I copped the bye, so that cost me top 4. I was playing Eeveelutions. Undevelop + BTS and Leafeon + Dawn Stadium <3333333

To say the judging was bad on one ruling is being a bad sport. I thought the judging was superb. It was a rule that they didn't know- and to tell them to come up to me mid match and get my opinion is lame as well... I was mid game and they were right not to inturrupt me for YOUR game.

Not every event is perfect. This Nationals has been one of the smoothest nationals ever.

The top cut this year- we had a late entry or 2, making 31 go to 33... we all thought it would be Top 8... TOM didn't agree, and it was top 4- we weren't aware of that.

Some of the colorful language used to describe the HJ by people was sickening. You people need to quit the game and go play Yu-Gi-Oh. Bad sports like that should not be playing.

Common sense should really prevail though. 4-1 and not making the cut??? That's really really ridiculous. Though I'll agree with you on the Yu-Gi-Oh thing. In hindsight I should have gone to judge... but... eh *sigh*, I guess I don't trust myself, that's the big reason I dont

actuaLLY 3 4-1s did not make the top cut

eeveelutions
kingdra
dialga g
plox was 3-2

still congratulations to Sam for winning. he deserved it

thats a sad score jason.if u are going to LCQ i know u can get thorugh it.
i might be going to worlds if i can get some money for the air ticket coz no one is intrested in the 2nd place invite.

Last edited:
Back