Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
:pokeball:Avatar Contest:pokeball:​

Community Members:
Check out the cool new Avatar that I have, Blaziken ex! You can help us add even more choices like this one.
The PokeGym is running a contest to add new Avatars to increase the selection of Pokemon available to members. Eventually we plan on having all Pokemon available and then we will move on to character, card images, or any other Pokemon-related images that would be appropriate and popular.
This first contest will have 10 Pokemon Avatars selected. You can use your own original art, or card images, or GB images, TV show images, as long as they are images of Pokemon that we're missing. That would be the new R/S Pokemon as well as three classic ones we're missing.

Entry is easy:
  • Create or find a Pokemon Avatar. Note that if you "find" an avatar, it must be either public domain or fair-use commercial art. Don't submit someone elses fan art
  • send an e-mail with the avatar file attached to [email protected]. Be sure to include your PokeGym name so that we know who you are and who to credit.

80x80 pixels maximum.
Maximum File Size: 20000 bytes ( 19kb )
Images must be in JPG format
Images must be "family friendly"
NO ZIP FILES! There are too many viruses going around using zips to have to compress a 20kb file using zip.

Submissions that do not meet these requirements will be disqualified.
Creators of original image submissions give PokeGym the right to use those images on the site. We will load the images onto a webpage where the community can review them. This will be a blind vote. Members will not know who submitted what image until after the vote.

Once all submissions have been made, the community will vote for their 3 favorites. Your first choce will get 3 points, second will get 2 points, and third will get 1 point.

The 10 Pokemon Images that get the most points will be made into Avatars that everyone can use and the winners will get "Avatar Contest Winner" titles.

Last edited:
We'll give people at least a week. We'll firm up the time over the next few days.
Is a week to submit enough for everyone?

Few questions:

- Can we submit more than one image?
- If yes, is there a limit to how many we can submit?

I don't plan to submit like 50 images, but it'd be nice to know :D

Bloody... yes.

I remember talk of this back when this forum was just being brought up after WizPoG's fall. Been waiting so impatiently for this.

I know we've got some artists wondering about the woodwork here. Let's see your stuff!

Question: Is there any way we could know the pictures or even the name of the entries to avoid duplicates. For better creativity and avoiding to have less than five original entries? :)

I sent in two Blastoise, two Feraligatr, and one Kingdra. I also offered to send in the gameboy sprites from Crystal version that move (Pokemon #1-251), as seen in RainbowRichard's avatar of Ho-oh.

Y'know, I probably should have asked this BEFORE two hours of work...

Can the avatar be of a character FROM Pokemon? For example, the generic, faceless Team Aqua/Magma Member?

as long as they are images of Pokemon that we're missing

Please note! For this first contest, we're trying to add on Pokemon that we are missing.
So that means R/S Pokemon and/or the 3 or 4 others that we're missing.

Then I demand those two hours back! (Pay no attention to the negligence behind the curtain.)

Ah well. Guess I have a head start on when we work on people. Guess that brings my total back down to 2.

FYI! The Gold/Silver Pokemon that we are missing are:
Ledian
Spinarak
Ariados
Mareep

Back