Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

AZ Masters 2 Reports: DONT STOP BELIEVIN

TOYBOX

So getting to this tourney alone was quite an adventure. Since it was in the afternoon, I didn't bother to find out where exactly it was until a few hours before I wanted to leave. Then, I figured I didn't want to take a city bus cuz I would get lost, but NO ONE would give me a lift. So I was bleh about it and I almost decided not to go until my mom had pity on me and volunteered to take me after she bailed on me earlier. So we get lost on the way and I thought I'd be late, but I found out I was like an hour and a half early DX UGH UGH.

Dustin, being the absolute GENIUS that he is, forgot to bring his cards after I specifically told him to bring them just a few hours earlier that day. Lol, but I forgive him. After a few minutes, Jeremy kindly let's me have a go at Dialga G even though only one of us can play it, and he opts for Kingdra instead. I was pretty psyched at first, though since I've never played Dialga(w/o Palkia) I wondered how I would do and then I realized that there were a rather unpleasant amount of fire decks running around. With a headache and massive exhaustion, me, shaniqua, lafonda, and carmella went over to Wendys to get our frosty on <33.

So before the tourney begins, I draw SMOOVIE, a creation of chobo minds collaborating. It's essentially a mix of Smoochum with Eevee. If you can't imagine it, picture an Eevee with big Angelina Jolie lips, some nappy blond hair, and makeup. It's pretty hawt, right?

Round 1 vs. Scizor/Cherrim
He got a fast Scizor, but my start was boss and the deck he ran was bleh. He didn't realize I shut off his Shaymin when he tried to hit me for like 110 damage. I basically Removed Lost ftw.

1-0

Round 2 vs. theme.dec
I'm pretty sure he was new cuz he had no clue what anything did. He had a Lugia sw while I hit him with Uxie just for fun. I setup a Dialga and he setup a Jirachi(Doom Desire). He sighed when I leveled up to remove the attack's effect and I proceeded to win like a boss.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Infernape 4
I got kinda irritated cuz she could OHKO me even if I had 4 SP metal. She setup pretty fast, but so did I. It came down to us both having fully powered actives. She had Infernape E4 X with 4 energy to OHKO me my next turn. I had a Crobat and two PokeTurn in hand. I dropped Crobat, she Power Sprayed, I poke turned twice and gave Infernape 2 damage. Then I cosmic for 6 and LOL I draw the last Poke Turn to Remove Lost for the OHKO. She couldn't setup anything else so she scooped. Lucky me?

3-0

Round 4 vs. GeChamp
T2 Deafen/Skuntank lock was pwn. I setup multiple Dialga and he never got setup because of it.

4-0

Round 5 vs. Kingdra
Jeremy <33. We decided beforehand that whoever didn't get setup was gonna fold. He goes with Unknown G to my Dialga. I go second. Attach Energy Gain, Uxie for 4 and draw the metal for game.

5-0

Top 4 vs. Beedrill
Game 1 : T2 Deafen/Skuntank lock wrecks him hard and heavy. He flips through basics as I slowly get prizes. The game is mine from the start as I get multiple Dialga with SP Metals. I misplay though and say pass, letting up the Deafen lock prematurely, but alas, I'm fine. It's too late for him and I continue the lock with Power Sprays on his Claydols/Uxie next turn.

Game 2 : He goes second and gets a decent setup to my Unknown G start *sigh*. I do get setup quick however and immediately Deafen my second turn with Skuntank lock. This hinders him, but the fact that he got RR Beedrill previously makes it a bit harder for me. I setup more Dialgas and keep an extra Galactic HQ so that when I break the Deafen lock, I can drop it once he removes it. He misplays and brings up a Beedrill with 2 damage on it thinking I couldn't Poison him anymore. However time is called and he has yet to take 4 prizes, and I doubt he would have taken many more. gg.

Top 2 vs. GeChamp
Game 1 : I'm so silly. I decide not to do '1 and Done' for the sake of time mainly because I don't want to be donked by Champ, but I would soon regret this. I get a BOSS setup and Deafen Poison him with Power lockz the entire game. I won easily without paying much attention to the game at all. Though this kid is slow or something and decides not to fold until I have 1 prize left.

Game 2 : TERRIBAD start to his T2 Gengar. I can't keep up

Game 3: See Game 2.

So I get 2nd again, meaning I got 3rd twice, and 2nd twice, which isn't bad <3.

I WAS ROBBED!!!! lol jk <33 for GeChamp(awful deck)

Kk, this is the update from today in Tuscon. No tourney in my life has ever drained away this much energy from me in such a short period of time. Anyways, I was like the only one going to this until Drew said he was going(which he didn't) so I figured since I hadn't gotten a VM yet, I'd try my luck up in dust valley. Luckily the PTO was able to give me a ride in her extremely comfortable B.A.T. It was nice and cold in the backseat and we talked about funny lol things the entire time. When we finally got there, I did my decklist and waited for the tourney to start. I iz playin Gengar.

Round 1 vs. Beedrill
At first I had mixed feelings about this matchup but I eventually got over my fears when the game began. I got a good setup, but his was slightly better. I flipped 3 heads on Fainting Spell ftw which inevitably gave me the win.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Dialga
I had an awful start and was having issues setting up until I finally drew into what I needed. He played like no draw almost, so I relied on him playing things like Skuntank and Crobat for me to KO. Though with decent rolls on Fainting Spell and Queen as a backup ready to go, I eventually pick up the pace and my spread gives me 3 prizes from an Azelf and 2 Uxie.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Beedrill
This was a good game, I started strong and fast and immediately started pushing through his bench by killing off RR Beedrill. My luck with Fainting Spell was pretty good too. I was just too fast I guess.

3-0

Round 4 vs. Mirror
I knew he played DP Dusknoir so I immediately limited myself to a Gengar active and Claydol, Queen, and another Gengar benched. It worked perfectly and the fact that he didn't play Unknown G wrecked him. Once I Unknown G'd my own Gengar, he was in a bind.

4-0

Top 2 vs. Beedrill
Game 1: Lol I donk him in the dumbest way. He has a 50 HP basic out and goes first and passes. I have a Ghastly. I go attach energy, Roseanne's for 2 Crobat. I play them both, then Poketurn them both and hit him for 10. gg
Game 2: Pretty intense, our setups are pretty fair each, though he Unknown G's pretty important cards and I continuously flip tails for Fainting Spell.
Game 3: I get a fast setup and take prizes left and right. It gets down to me having taken 5 prizes to him taking none and time is called. It's obvious, I win. gg man, it was nice playing you in top and in swiss!

Props:
KNIFE IN THE TREE!!!!
Mitch for helping with my deck
Patty aka the TO
Jeremy, Drew, and Mitch <3
Jeremy
Jeremy?
Mitch
The Store, for bein baller
Dustin for givin' me money for food

Slops:
A bird exploding when I ran it over on accident.
Tuscon for being farrrr away
Drew
Drew
Jeremy
Dustin
Dustin
Dustin
Dustin
Dustin
Did I mention Dustin? lol jk man
Mitch's car for ALMOST breaking down! Scary!
Headache/Exhaustion during the BR
Rico
Starbucks, there weren't any!
No Money In Da Bank
Rotomz/Pikachuz for being the only things I pull from BR packs D:<

Last edited:
gj great report lol LIKE A BOSS!
no props for my jugding =( lol jk also sorry for not being able to take you and for me being brainless and forgeting my cards lol

Like a boss!!

no problem for giving jeremy the decklist <3

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Robert i think your blind the starbucks is across the street.

Like a Boss *so we do this when im away huh*

Last edited:
Robert you idiot you decide to play 2/3 instead of one and done haha you robbed yourself over a win
might I remind you I beat you on your own turf! :)

TEAM SKIN!

BoSS HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH u guys make me laugh.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

so who played the gechamp that won??? and could i get list????

Last edited:
SAM and after that do you want the list lol and maybe i might play if i dont get a reply back to jugde so lol
i want to go x-0 and win again

LIKE A BOSS

well good job to sam i would still like a list truthfully if anybody wants to give me lists of there decks thated be kool cuz im pretty dumb cuz i need help building decks. =(

(ItalianKraqER)

yah i do i mean if he won then yah i would like to see it and it should be good right? he won right? and i do w.e haha

(ItalianKrAqER)

dont make the slowpoke angry lol like a boss

so really i would like to see a 1st place report lol this weekened ^-^ seriously ...

most def lol im good with goin undeafeted 2 twice in a row lol but idk if im playin or jugding lol

and dont worry i will this time lol i wont forget and bring my kingdra stuff lol

idk wut i did rong but w.e truthfuly im trying to be nice but w.e gosh i LOVE AZ.......NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(ItalianKrAqER)

Back