Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Azelf Time Walk & In Between Phases & Judging Behaviour Questions

smacktack15

There is a judge in my area who made 2 extremely questionable rulings yesterday and I was wondering if someone could get these answered ASAP please.

Q1: I am under the current impression that you MAY take note after using Azelf LA's Poke-Power "Time Walk", is this true? The HJ of the tournament ruled that you can't take notes with Time Walk so I am confused about if you can or not. I really think the HJ has the ruling wrong but, I figured someone here would help me. Thanks.

Q2: Player A knocks out Player B's Pokemon meaning Player B had to send up a new Pokemon, can Player B move a Pokemon up into the Active position and then change their mind for a different Pokemonif they haven't drawn a card for their turn yet? The Player B in question continuously sent up a Garchomp and switched it for a different pokemon multiple times and it was ruled that he could do that because he hasn't drawn a card yet. I am also unsure of how this works because I thought all decisions had to be made before sending up a Pokemon, that's what the Bench is there for right?

Q3: Are judges supposed to act the same towards every player as in speaking to them in a calm fashion when making a ruling or statement? I have seen and been in a part of a particular judges "rulings" and that judge has been yelling rulings out at specific palters she doesn't like and being biased towards certain players she likes. I think every player should be addressed in the same manor and be treated with respect, no matter what situation they are in, it is supposed to be a "fun" environment right?

Q4: A certain player has been adding on to what a judge has been saying, stating their opinion on what that same certain judge has said (agreeing with that judge), and calling up that same judge for other players when they are playing their matches, is there any sort of penalty for this? They are basically being nosey beyond belief and make "judgement" calls after a judge has ruled out a ruling, something that isn't need. What should be done in a case like this?

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it :)

We can answer questions about what the right thing to do is, but can't really get into fixes when something is done wrong.
So, within those guidelines:

1. Notes can now be taken on anything. This is a recent change and the judge may have been unaware of that change.

2. This would be one of those areas we can't get into. It's not a hard and fast ruling. It's an opinion that you're looking for.

3. Same here.

4. And here. You're asking for a hard ruling on how staff controls their event. Not something we can say anything about in here.

You are certainly welcome to start a topic(s) on issues like there in the discussion forums. But we can get into these kinds of things in a forum for official game rulings.

Q1: I am under the current impression that you MAY take note after using Azelf LA's Poke-Power "Time Walk", is this true? The HJ of the tournament ruled that you can't take notes with Time Walk so I am confused about if you can or not.

1. Notes can now be taken on anything. This is a recent change and the judge may have been unaware of that change.

This ruling in the Compendium... is not up to date and will be replaced.

Back