Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Baby Evolution vs. Devolving

Box of Fail

Let's say I have a Jynx on my bench, evolved from Smoochum via "Baby Evolution":

Baby Evolution said:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may put Jynx from your hand onto Smoochum (this counts as evolving Smoochum) and remove all damage counters from Smoochum.

My opponent plays Espeon ex and activates "Devo Flash":

Devo Flash said:
Once during your turn, when you play Espeon ex from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, you may choose 1 Evolved Pokémon on your opponent's Bench, remove the highest Stage Evolution card from that Pokémon, and put it back into his or her hand.

My question is, if "Devo Flash" targets Jynx, will it have any effect? I know that while evolved from Smoochum, Jynx qualifies as an "Evolved Pokémon," so I'm assuming it would be a legal target. However, since Devo Flash specifically orders you to remove the "highest Stage Evolution Card," I'm wondering if while on Smoochum Jynx becomes an "Evolution Card" as well as an "Evolved Pokémon," or if "Evolution Card" is a card class that isn't changed regardless of how the card is played. So while Jynx would probably be a legal target, would it be removed or would the power then fail?

Thanks!

Back