Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Baby Flip and meaning of "Trainers": Objective Authority

Artifact

*The use of baby is directed at the “real” or Neo babies. All of which have the flip rule printed on them and are baby pokemon that count as basic pokemon.

Question One

I recently returned to my old POP venue. They play unlimited, and because I cannot afford many cards, I rely on what I have. Babies are always included in my decks.

Now, the gym leader of this venue believes and has the venue operating under the understanding that an attack such as Swift:
"This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, or any other effects on the Defending Pokémon"
-Ledian HG&SS

can forego the flipping to attack an active baby pokemon.

From my knowledge the flipping is not an effect on the card, but a rule when declaring an attack on an active baby pokemon.
Is there an objective authoritarian source I can use to inform this venue or are they allowed to adjust play?

Question Two

When playing a card such as Dark Vileplume at the same venue, the gym leader has the venue operating under the understanding that this card only refers to Trainers, and would not restrict the use of supporters, stadiums, Tms, etc.

From my knowledge, because of its printing date, Dark Vileplume would restrict the use of supporters, stadiums, Tms, etc.

Is there also an objective authoritarian source for this or for general pokemon usage?

Thank you, I'd greatly apprecaite any help.

If they are playing unlimited, then they should be familiar with and use the original Compendium, which has rulings going back t o Base Set. Both Wizards of the Coast and The Pokemon Company recognize the rulings contained in the Compendium as an official compilation of rulings for the Pokemon Trading Card gam.e
In fact, there is a ruling on this exact interaction in there!

The link to the Compendium is: http://compendium.pokegym.net/compendium.html

This specific ruling is:
Q. Does the Swift attack go through a Baby Pokémon's "Baby Power", or do you still have to flip to see if the Attack happens?
A. You still have to flip. (Jan 4, 2001 WotC Chat, Q37 & Q50)

Back