Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Baby Pokemon Ruling

MuRa

I posted this on the ask the master site but until I get an answer, I would like something...

Does the "Baby Rule" apply to new babies? IE Basic with Poke-Power "Baby Evolution". The store where I play Pokemon, everyone is convinced it does still apply, but it doesn't make sense to me but I can't find any proof to convince them. Help me out? Or tell me if I'm wrong and it still does apply.

So they're playing them as 50 HP "Babies?
It doesn't bother them that it doesn't say that they are Baby Pokemon, that they don't have the Baby Rule printed on them, that they don't say that they evolve into the mathcing Basic, and so on?

The Baby Rule isn't printed on those cards, therefore, it doesn't apply to them. Just like the ex rule is printed on every Pokémon-ex, the Baby Rule is printed on every card it applies to.

Yes, they can evolve into their basic counterparts, but it's now a "special" evolution, not a regular evolution, so you have to be careful.

For example, since it's a PokePower, it get's past Fossil Aerodactyl.
But not everything.
Look at rulings in the Compendium EX.

I've been trying to explain to them that that's why babies have more hp than they use to, but they insist on making me flip. Pokepop, I've seen you post on the "Ask the master" board before, could you post a definitive response there so I could print it out and show them? Thanks :)

If it's a Baby Pokemon, you flip in order to attack.
If it's a Basic Pokemon that has the Baby Evolution Power, you don't flip.

No rule printed on the card, no flip.

Back