Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"Badly poisoned" Question...

Ham12

I heard a while back that a 'badly poisoned' pokemon's status reverts to regular poison once it is switched out. But the concept of a "Toxic Shuffler" (which serebii.net keeps mentioning) seems to be pointless if that's true. So which is it? If a pokemon is 'badly poisoned', switched out, and then switched back in, does the poison's damage continue increasing, or does it just do the standard, pitiful amount of poison damage each turn?

Thanks.

It goes back to the lowest amount of damage it would do but it will stay "Badly Poisoned". The point of Toxic Shuffling is to poison their eintire team.

Sorry to be dense, but does its remaining 'badly poisoned' mean the damage goes back to the minimum but starts to increase again, or is just like regular poison, as Mew Master said?

Thanks, that's good to know.

I suppose I'll have to tell the people I play against...*sigh*...

Okay, in the newer games, if you "Badly Poison" a Pokemon, but they switch it out, or you force it out (via Roar/Whirlwind) the Pokemon STAYS BADLY POISONED!!! It starts the counter back from the beginning, but it increases after every turn, just like it did before. If you dont believe me try a Toxic Shuffler team on Colusiem. It will display the amount of HP a Pokemon has, so you can easily see that they start loosing more HP between every round once switched back in. Trust me, I have already done this....

Back