Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

banette report

gallade

banette has been a very popular deck lately so i thought to do some research on the deck, here are my findings.
ok from what i have seen banette is a turn two deck, many variants i have seen, but the cream of the crop are always turn two, not many stage twos will do because you have no stallers.
most deck-lists contain of 4-4 banette with the cg shuppet, they usally have sableye cg to speed it up, i would use two evan, also minunis very popular, also plusel helps. If you use both i would add multi to use there attacks.

now lets look at the cards:
Banette:
80 hp this might be a little-low
one retreat cost is nice but dons' nt help because retreat cost is getting out of the way before getting ko`d.
his first attack ghost head is his most useful move, the faster you use it the better, adding damage counters to itself while doing the same damage to the defending poemon. You could knock itself out and then bring up a fresh banette to use spitefull pain for 80. So knock out yourself with ghost head then send in banette to finish off your opponents high hp pokemon with spiteful pain shuffling the knocked out banette back into the deck, next turn celios to get it back then evolve shuppet and then do the process all over again.

USEFULL TRAINERS
cessation crystal to stop pokepowers and bodies.
celios network, getting all the pokemon in most banette decks.
quick ball, since theres not copies of many cards besides banette and shuppet , you can usally get what you want when you want it.
rosseans research to get basics and energies. master ball and dusk ball are questionable.
Most banette decks have 8-15 pokemon, and it would be hard to get them.
Holon mentor helps so you can get 2 shuppet and saybleye hopefully having bannete in front and then discard another banette then spitefull pain for 80.
buffer piece and strength charm for power-ups and buffering. also plus power will work combined with strength charm will give you opponent a big scare.
castaway is essential for getting energy,tools and supporter.
stevans will work since your opponent will want to bench some pokemon so they don`t get all there pokemon knocked out.

COMBO`S
ballade ( banete and gardelade):eek:ne of the only good stage two banette deck .
It`s a test deck that seems fast. starts with banette working on your bench. when you have a fully powered up gallade, ghost head your self for knocking out yourself then use minun/plusels benefits then bring up gallade.
plain banette:
is a very quick deck trying to get rid of your opponents pokemon before they get any hard hitters out. Also keep recycling your banette with spiteful pain.
some people like bronsong, i think its arguable, the reason people like it is because you draw then potentially discarding a banette.that part is good but the draw backs are:
high retreat cost
high wekness and a bad one for magmortar.
banett may want to stay as pokepowerless as possible for cessation crystal.
also banette is a speed deck so don`t add stage ones or twos like furrit
or garachomp in.

will be adding more as i learn more about the deck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the mini-article on Banette. It is helpful because I have been tossing around the idea of building this deck. I have one question though. Both minun and plusle say that there poke-powers are activated "if any of your pokemon were knocked during oppnent's last turn." Therefore, they wouldn't activate if i use ghost head and do 80 damage, knocking myself out, because it did not happen during my oppnent's last turn. Right? :confused:

Randy8124: Correct. A Ghost Head to knock yourself out does NOT activate Plusle or Minun. Thus, to trip them, Ghost Head self for 70. Don't forget possible techs like Unown E to give Bannette 10 more HP (hey, allows for OHKO of Furret. I'll bite)

The reason Bannette Gallade is such a good combo is because of Gardevoir's power. Really, to ever use Bannette's second attack reliably, you want a Celio's Network and TV Reporter combo. Both are commonly played supporters, so all that's left is for you to have the second of the set in your hand. Not to mention that Banette counters most of Garde's weakness issues (Most psychic pokemon are weak to psychic in turn, thus Banette acts as a cool counter, and it messes up Absol should it not Raid you)

Only problems? Well, everyone knows how Gallade gets weaker late game. That's even more true with Bannette, as you run out of prizes mighty quickly with the deck. And the low HP pokemon (Bannette? Shuppet? Minun?) screw up Garde LV.X's Bring Down VERY badly. VERY badly...

randy, sorry for the misreading, thanks for catching that. i will change that on my thread

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

and rai banette can knock itself out with ghost head, it just says it cant do more than banettes remaining hp, not the rest of banettes remaining hp

Last edited:
Back