Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BanTrode! (Explosive Ghosts!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShotoCloneX

haha, I love electrode. IMO he's better than people give him credit for so heres what Im working on now.

BanTrode

Basic Strat, Start with either Shuppet or Voltorb (doing 20 or ascension) Just start dealing damage and exploding. Gotta be more carefull with your self destructs though cause banette's hp isn't solid enough to keep him around for too many turns. Castform to bring trodes back to hand, minun for extra draw.

pokemon 18

4 Voltorb
4 Electrode
4 Shuppet
4 Bannette
1 Holon's Castforms
1 Minun

Trainers 26

4 Plus Powers
4 Celio's
4 TV Reporters
3 Warp Points
3 Roseanne's
2 Cast Away
2 Night Maintenance
1 Strength Charm
1 Cessation
1 Prof Birch
1 Windstorm

Energy 16

4 Electric
4 Psychic
4 Multi Energy
4 DRE

1/1 Gyarados?

You bomb, kill yourself, and send up a thick 130hp monster who devastates the opponent if they can't OHKO it.

Have you tried a 1/1 lunasol line?

Ok so I actually got a chance to playtest this last night and it did way better than I even imagined!
heres what i ran

pokemon 19

4 Voltorb
4 Electrode
4 Shuppet
4 Bannette
2 Holon's Castforms
1 Minun

Trainers 26

4 Plus Powers
4 Celio's
4 TV Reporters
3 Warp Points
2 Roseanne's
2 Cast Away
2 Night Maintenance
1 Holon Mentor
1 Strength Charm
1 Cessation
1 Prof Birch
1 Windstorm

Energy 15

4 Electric
4 Psychic
4 Multi Energy
3 DRE

Depending on who you start with the whole stratedy switches. Star with shuppet, ascend and ghost head and focus on the ban-beatdown. If you start with voltorb then you just keep pulling voltorbs and electrodes out and exploding while trying to get a banette in the discard to do a quick 80 when you run out of bombs. I think haveing banette in here compensates for electrodes weakness at least a little bit.

Thoughts: I've been thinking about adding a jolteon star for an easy KO after ghost head or combing it with some type of damage spread like amphy. Idk yet, comments questions concerns?! Please!
thanks ^_^

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

1/1 Gyarados?

You bomb, kill yourself, and send up a thick 130hp monster who devastates the opponent if they can't OHKO it.

Have you tried a 1/1 lunasol line?

oh! btw, i haven't thought about gyarados but i don't see why i would use him except to take down mortar which is not difficult with trode and a pluspower. but ill try it! ^_^

and i thought a while about doing a luna sol line but since its not just banette it actually takes like + 1 or 2 turns to get it going when i could be building a trode up or something similar. Funny enough, Im not having trouble getting banettes in the discard. The most trouble im having is not having enough pokemon on the field fast enough! Like wise energy is always slim. Barely enough but it is still cutin it close!
thanks for the suggestion ryanvergel! :)

Last edited:
Want to make it cheap? Rare Candy. I saw a deck that made 2 T1 wins with this deck because of that. Of course, it's luck-based that you topdeck it, but it might increase the speed of this already speedy deck.

yea i used to run just electrodes with amphy and rare candy and i noticed t1 electrodes > any starter pokemon in the format! X_X haha. good suggestion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back