Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Barrie BR report

smacktack15

So I get off work Friday night at 11PM, look at my cards, realize I have nothing at all and play the only deck I have cards for MagneBoar. Now this is a special deck because it contains no RDL (I only had bottoms), played no Pokemon Catcher, and was played with no testing 1 AM the day of the tournament. It was a Twins heavy build and ran decently enough so let's get onto the report.

4 Rds, top 4
masters

Rd. 1 vs ReshiPhlosion

I started this match weak, I went 2nd and had a mediocre hand. I PONTed into a Rare Candy Magnezone Electric and I had a Magnemite on the bench. On my next turn, I rare candied, got an Emboar on my Turn 3, and started Lost Burning his endless amounts of Reshirams. It came to a point where I start using my Reshirams to Outrage and then hit for 120 (using Switch strategically with my other Reshiram when needed). I ended up winning by a fair margin and head into round 2 thinking I will lose out for the rest of the day.

1-0

Rd 2 vs Stage 1s (Beartic/Yanmega/Zoroark)

I get a better start but sadly go 2nd again. He has a decent start, but I exploded after getting my Magnezone out. I don't remember too much but, i do remember I get an early lead with Magnezone, do the math, and figured I could Lost Burn for 100-150 for my last 3 prizes. My opponent scooped not too long after that.

2-0

Rd 3 vs MewBox (Mew/Vileplume/Sunflora/Jumpluff/Muk/Aipom)

He gets a strong start and basically destroys me in the long run. I did draw 4 prizes but, he kept sludge dragging every single big retreated I had. This is pretty much an auto loss unless I god start his horrible start.

2-1

Rd 4 vs ZPST

He went 1st, hits 2 energy on his Zekrom to smack Tepig for 20. I draw, switch into Reshiram to buy me a turn, play collector for Magnemite x2 and another Tepig. He hits reshi for 20, and I candy to zone and I attach an electric to it. He hits me for 20 and puts on a defender. I basically lost burn it for 3 and he has nothing going for him from there on. He does eventually try to mount a comeback but, everything was wayyyyyyyy in my favor at that point.

3-1

So I'm 2nd seed with a weird deck rofl

Top 4 vs Kon Chang
I concede, take my 3rd place Victory Cup and head out to work. Oh well, maybe next time

No props or slops, was a neutral day.

Back